• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who actually had trust in the Tories in the first place?! Trust cannot be damaged if they were deemed untrustworthy in the first place. Which to me they 100% were not to be trusted. None of them. All these avoidable mistakes by various Tories and their aides that are now seemingly daily are not a surprise.
The problem is the constant attempts to cover up the mistakes, pretend they don"t exist, or blame others. This Govt really is shameless. Awful mob

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So when do you guys and gals think social distancing will become a thing of the past? The end of this year perhaps?
I'd be interested in seeing a scientific discussion about reducing it to 1 metre.

Antony Moxey

Bullingdon Boys and their willies! First Cameron and the pig, now we find out, allegedly, that Johnson waved his willy at Cummings' wife (before they were married)!
And? Is there a point to your constant Tory bashing or is just constant Tory bashing for the sake of it?

Antony Moxey

Robert Halfon, one of Tavy's blue collar Tories, apologising for supporting Cummings yesterday:

I would first like to make it clear to residents that I regret writing the tweet yesterday in the way I did about the Number 10 political adviser and his movements.

I am really sorry for it. I do not support or condone anyone who has broken the law or regulations. Anyone who has done so should face the consequences.

Won't be long now, surely...
What law did he break?

Antony Moxey

So when do you guys and gals think social distancing will become a thing of the past? The end of this year perhaps?
It has in schools already. In fact it was never there in the first place.

Grecian2K

What law did he break?
Well, The Coronavirus Act 2020 for starters...you know, the one under which many "ordinary folk" have received fixed penalty notices for ignoring lockdown instructions.

Still, true to form, Brave Sir Dom appears now to be using the poor PM as a human shield at today's briefing. Surely the first serving PM ever to have appeared in a "hostage video".

Antony Moxey

Well, The Coronavirus Act 2020 for starters...you know, the one under which many "ordinary folk" have received fixed penalty notices for ignoring lockdown instructions.

Still, true to form, Brave Sir Dom appears now to be using the poor PM as a human shield at today's briefing. Surely the first serving PM ever to have appeared in a "hostage video".
Is it actually a law in the statute books? I’ve read a few times now that it’s likely the fines are unenforcable and should you decide to challenge the legality of such a fine there’s a pretty good chance you’d win.

DB9

Is it actually a law in the statute books? I’ve read a few times now that it’s likely the fines are unenforcable and should you decide to challenge the legality of such a fine there’s a pretty good chance you’d win.
This might answer your question, But what the Government asked us to do in March ie Lockdown they had to bring in emergency legislation, They cant just demand it.

IndoMike

Yes. My bet is that Johnson will waffle on in his usual way and support the wayward Cummings. This serves 2 purposes :

1. Deflecting from the main issues : which are the horrific number of Covid19 fatalities and the likely delays/fark ups regarding the implementation of track and trace

2. Ensuring that Cummings continues to do the work that Johnson admits he can't do, especially strategy and details.

The lesser evil for Johnson is keeping Cummings on the job, imo.
We'll find out at 5 p.m your time.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

This might answer your question, But what the Government asked us to do in March ie Lockdown they had to bring in emergency legislation, They cant just demand it.

And if that fails due to a technicality then there's always this to fall back on.

While the CPS have expressed concerns about their ability to implement the Act, the Regulations still (as far as I know) remain unchallenged.

Reactions: DB9