• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?

Dannyred

Then why aren't the multi millionaires lining up all the way down Old Tiverton Rd, into Sidwell St and across into High St to purchase ECFC?
Are you saying that the club have had No interest from wealthy people/businesses since the trust took over ? 🤔

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's a shame, I might have got some points this year :(
Love a Loire wine me - particularly a lightly chilled Chinon or Anjou rouge. Wonderful in this weather with an assiette de fromages.

(sorry off topic)
Chinon Rose with bubbles, then a pair of reds: St Nicolas de Bourgueil and Chinon

IndoMike

Chinon Rose with bubbles, then a pair of reds: St Nicolas de Bourgueil and Chinon
I hear Chateau d'Ali goes down well.in Tebbern.

Colesman Ballz

I hear Chateau d'Ali goes down well.in Tebbern.
Don't know what the world is coming to these days. Tebbern was and always should be CIDER COUNTRY. Those purveyors of my teenage and later, hangovers, the legendary Bromell Brothers will be turning in their graves. Now there were two true entrepreneurs.

Ps The last bit will hopefully save my sorry ar$e from any wrath of the mods, by getting back on topic !

ex_user1234

Resigned
Yes, 100%. Next.....

but I am not ‘the people of Exeter’ so my view probably does not count.
Of course your view counts. By "people of Exeter" I don't mean you have to live there. You just have to love Exeter. A bit like the Romans and their view of Rome. They could be 2,000 miles away but they still viewed Rome as their spiritual home.

GJW

Of course your view counts. By "people of Exeter" I don't mean you have to live there. You just have to love Exeter. A bit like the Romans and their view of Rome. They could be 2,000 miles away but they still viewed Rome as their spiritual home.
Ed, I think most people would take the view that the ‘People of Exeter’ meant just that, the people of Exeter. Those who live in and around Exeter, whether they are interested in their local football team or not.
What you really meant was those fans and supporters of Exeter City, hardcore or casual, current or potential who live practically anywhere, including Exeter, whether they are Trust members or not.
😅 Phew, glad we sorted that one out.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Ed, I think most people would take the view that the ‘People of Exeter’ meant just that, the people of Exeter. Those who live in and around Exeter, whether they are interested in their local football team or not.
What you really meant was those fans and supporters of Exeter City, hardcore or casual, current or potential who live practically anywhere, including Exeter, whether they are Trust members or not.
😅 Phew, glad we sorted that one out.
Well, it was called the Roman Empire for a reason. Rome was the centre of everything, but you were still Roman if you lived in foreign lands. The same should clearly apply to Exeter and Exeter City FC. How this is not blindingly obvious I have no idea!

Spoonz Red E

Well, it was called the Roman Empire for a reason. Rome was the centre of everything, but you were still Roman if you lived in foreign lands. The same should clearly apply to Exeter and Exeter City FC. How this is not blindingly obvious I have no idea!
Not the best news if you're a Grecian ;)

New Big Bank chant ...
Rome! Ay oh! Rome! Ay oh!
Wherefore art thou Rome? Ay oh!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
How this is not blindingly obvious I have no idea!
Because you said 'People of Exeter' not 'Fans of Exeter City'

Out of interest, how do you intend to enfranchise this vast diaspora and ensure the vote isn't hijacked by those who don't have the best intentions for Exeter City at their heart?

Andy_H

Are you saying that the club have had No interest from wealthy people/businesses since the trust took over ? 🤔
By the fact that we're having this thread and still have the Trust as majority shareholder the answer could possibly be YES!