• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playoff Semifinal First Leg v Colchester (Team)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gk - Maxted
RWB - Sweenz
LWB - Dickenson (Not sure on Sparkes fitness)
CB - A Martin
CB - Parkes
CM - Nige
LM - Law
CM - Jake
RW - Williams
FWD - Bowman
FWD - Ajose

Legohead

Banned
I'll have anyone who is Covid negative please. :p

i8cornwall

Gk - Maxted
RWB - Sweenz
CB - A Martin
CB - Parkes
CM - Nige
LM - Law
CM - Jake
RW - Williams
FWD - Bowman
FWD - Ajose
Lee Martin over Ajose for me.

Also depending on when the game is played will Dickerson still be under contract is the other question.

Red Devon

Lee Martin over Ajose for me.

Also depending on when the game is played will Dickerson still be under contract is the other question.
Jayden Richardson was just beginning to kick on before CV19...wouldn’t mind seeing him down the right in front on Sweeney

PeteUSA

Gk - Maxted
RWB - Sweenz
CB - A Martin
CB - Parkes
CM - Nige
LM - Law
CM - Jake
RW - Williams
FWD - Bowman
FWD - Ajose
Maxted? Really? I know Ward was struggling with his form when he returned, but he was being hailed as the best keeper we've got hold of since Kevin Miller by some prior to his injury. Neither of them are very good advancing towards a forward who's clean through, but we know how good Ward can aspire to in general. I know all about the clean sheets etc. but Ward is the better all round keeper.

Red Devon

Maxted? Really? I know Ward was struggling with his form when he returned, but he was being hailed as the best keeper we've got hold of since Kevin Miller by some prior to his injury. Neither of them are very good advancing towards a forward who's clean through, but we know how good Ward can aspire to in general. I know all about the clean sheets etc. but Ward is the better all round keeper.
Ward didn’t come back quite the player as before his injury...I’ve a feeling Maxted maybe the more confident of the pair so would go with him seeing as he was playing so well before his injury.

dontpassback

I have a gut feeling ,the play off games aren’t going to happen,I maybe wrong but I think there are a few more twists and turns before a ball is kicked !

Rosencrantz

Ward didn’t come back quite the player as before his injury...I’ve a feeling Maxted maybe the more confident of the pair so would go with him seeing as he was playing so well before his injury.
Ward was getting into his stride and you don't know how Maxted will come back after his injury. He took a while to settle himself when he replaced Ward. After all players have not played for so long though it's a bit irrelevant. I think Ward is our best keeper.

Picking the team will be like choosing for the first game of the season without the benefit of any pre season friendlies.

i8cornwall

Jayden Richardson was just beginning to kick on before CV19...wouldn’t mind seeing him down the right in front on Sweeney
Agree, I imagine extending Richardson loan deal will be a lot easier then Dickerson contract if time and money is an issue for the club.

Ash

Gk Ward
CB Moxey
CB A.Martin
CB Sweeney
RWB Williams
LWB Dickenson
CM Atangana
CM Taylor
CAM Law
CF Bowman
CF L.Martin

Colchester are good, I'd like 3 centre backs if possible, plus IMHO we played some of our best football this season with that formation.

But TBH, it's anyone's guess who might play or which team/formation would be best, as there's so little information on which to choose! Plus who knows what the mentality of each player might be? Some may be bricking themselves about coming back, others might have very few concerns. And that really may be the deciding factor, mentality and psychology are so important, even more so now.