• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you will find that EADS/Airbus' actual stock is wholly owned by France & Germany. BAE simply own 20% of Airbus 'UK'. As a mere contractor who mostly churns out aircraft wings, I imagine BAE's miserly 20% of a UK based company carries little or no weight when the EU/EADs bean counting is in full swing.
Stuffers, my original point had nothing to do with Airbus wings, but foreign policy. A US President might only be in office for 4 years, and long term US foreign policy and strategic direction of travel is decided by others, and not by Trump !

For reasons of security, trade, liberal democracy and our shared values, the 'west' has been working jointly on the US-EU partnership since the days of Eisenhower. Brexit won't alter that ! We'll just be sidelined until we rejoin the EU.

IBA

I mean I thought Theresa May was bad, but come on seriously. it can’t get any worse can it?

Surely the primary role of the government is the safety and welfare of its citizens as a nation but with a combination of arrogance , sheer incompetence , and ignorance this led to the uk governments unforgivable delayed response to Covid 19 . Now we have one of the highest death rates in the world and billions being spent attempting to shore up the economy.

This is the prime minister who was so blasé , he didn’t bother attending vital Cobra meetings and was still going around in 12 th March shaking hands with Covid 19 patient and the stupid Fokker almost killed himself.

Now we have confusing and meaningless statements about staying alert, resulting in the uk being 4 increasingly separate and disparate countries , with Welsh police even considering arresting English people crossing the border FFS!!

With increasingly inept performances in Parliament and being humiliated by Rookie leader Keir Starmer, who to quote a Daily Telephaph article this week , took Johnson apart like Duplo!

It seems like Boris’ only friend is the completely sane , rational and consistent Donald Trump , who described Boris as a wonderful Prime Minister, that my friends, says it all!!

Legohead

Banned
You'll get no argument from me. Throughout this crisis we need to listen to ourselves and trust ourselves not Boris because he's a walking liability. And a c**t.

i8cornwall

In fairness we had a shit choice at the election. Him or Corbyn was like being asked if you would rather be shot or stabbed.

DB9

In fairness we had a **** choice at the election. Him or Corbyn was like being asked if you would rather be shot or stabbed.
But we didn't get Corbyn, Johnson was voted in on a wave of "Getting Brexit Done" which he has to a point (Let's see what happens between now and December) with an 80 seat majority then this comes along and really it has been "Dear oh dear" since 🙄

manc grecian

He's done two statements this week. Lay off him

i8cornwall

But we didn't get Corbyn, Johnson was voted in on a wave of "Getting Brexit Done" which he has to a point (Let's see what happens between now and December) with an 80 seat majority then this comes along and really it has been "Dear oh dear" since 🙄
True, brexit will sneak under the radar now. Which reminds me I need to apply for my Irish passport!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Rosencrantz

True, brexit will sneak under the radar now. Which reminds me I need to apply for my Irish passport!
It's still rumbling on and as contradictory as usual...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-52667744

Tell the public one thing and hope they don't notice the actual situation.

i8cornwall

Contradiction is the way we live currently but this is Northern Ireland and nothing is ever simple.

Not that it all really matters as we can’t travel abroad at the moment and that will be the time we physically see the effects of the vote to leave the EU.

elginCity

Surely the primary role of the government is the safety and welfare of its citizens as a nation....
....it is, in the main. Unless its leader happens to have been schooled by a Mr Steve Bannon.