• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What happened to free speech on Exeweb?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is not the politics thread !
So why did you mention the loony left? Doh... :rolleyes:

ex_user1234

Resigned
All threads get infected by the coronavirus at some point. It has gone virtual!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So why did you mention the loony left? Doh... :rolleyes:
Because Micky Mouse its a thread about free speech and I asked why my word for the loony left is instantly reversed to read "right wing lunatics" my comment has everything to do with the thread whereas yours as normal has nothing to do with it .
Now please go back to the Guardian website to pick up hints and tips for your next rant !

P.S. When is your Exeter City forum going live ? I'm sure you'll have at least 2 others you can sign up HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

andrew p long

The thread was ( if I have the right one) one started by Andy Holloway, having a dig at Ed G ( they have been battling it out on other threads that I no longer read as a result).

whilst I agree with Andy on many things, I think the mods are right to delete any thread whose aim appears principally to be to have a go at specific other posters.

IndoMike

The thread was ( if I have the right one) one started by Andy Holloway, having a dig at Ed G ( they have been battling it out on other threads that I no longer read as a result).

whilst I agree with Andy on many things, I think the mods are right to delete any thread whose aim appears principally to be to have a go at specific other posters.
Yes, that's not fair. I'm surprised Andy did that :he can handle himself ok on the correct relevant thread.
People forget that if they get really p*ssed
off with a poster they can use the "ignore" button :I assume that's what it's for.
I'm sure quite a few have used it for my posts 😂
Personally I enjoy the cut and thrust of the "debates" but it's true if you're not in the mood, for example if you have burnt the toast, been bitten by a bloody great insect, or can't find your socks (see wife for details) you might get a bit narked.
Another Saturday with no footie tomorrow
Bloody nightmare.

IndoMike

Because Micky Mouse its a thread about free speech and I asked why my word for the loony left is instantly reversed to read "right wing lunatics" my comment has everything to do with the thread whereas yours as normal has nothing to do with it .
Now please go back to the Guardian website to pick up hints and tips for your next rant !

P.S. When is your Exeter City forum going live ? I'm sure you'll have at least 2 others you can sign up HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
So you brought politics into it, as I said
Hey, don't follow your Yankee leader Trump"s advice about the disinfect : I would miss your entertaining posts
Regarding starting up a City website, healthy competition for Exeweb would be a good thing. I'll hire you as Senior Mod 😂

geoffwp

So you brought politics into it, as I said
Hey, don't follow your Yankee leader Trump"s advice about the disinfect : I would miss your entertaining posts
Regarding starting up a City website, healthy competition for Exeweb would be a good thing. I'll hire you as Senior Mod 😂
But as he explained, he didn't make a political post he asked a question about free speech and why one form of words is constantly changed to another. Thinking about it anyway, isn't freedom of speech a political issue?

IndoMike

But as he explained, he didn't make a political post he asked a question about free speech and why one form of words is constantly changed to another. Thinking about it anyway, isn't freedom of speech a political issue?
The fact that he used the term "loony left" is a political statement in itself . Iscalad also saw it that way and replied ""What about the loony right?" .I continued.
So, I didn't go off thread but continued off thread.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact that he used the term "loony left" is a political statement in itself . Iscalad also saw it that way and replied ""What about the loony right?" .I continued.
People love alliteration.

The counterpart of "Loony Left" is therefore "Rabid Right".

geoffwp

Ramone was on thread topic.