• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Legohead

Banned
Trolls World Tour. Curse kids and curse this lockdown!!! :ROFLMAO:

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trolls World Tour. Curse kids and curse this lockdown!!! :ROFLMAO:
Jeez Lego, You have my sympathies 🤣🤣

Antony Moxey

Robert the Bruce. Given it was the same actor playing RtB as in Braveheart I assume this was a follow up, but why they bothered is anyone’s guess. The first was bad enough but at least it had a bit of a story about it, but this just dragged on and on and on and on with pretty much nothing happening other than a bunch of angst ridden Scots wondering whether he was the true king and what the consequences would be to follow him. Basically a poor man’s religious biopic that I switched off way before the end. Zero spiders out of ten caves.

Swanaldo

Yesterday. The cast was badly let down by Ed Sheehan - wooden and soulless.
Godawful wasn't he? He just stood around looking smug and punchable. Decent film otherwise, and I did chuckle when matey Googled Oasis, only to find that they didn't exist in a Beatles-less world. Also I didn't spot that Robert Carlyle played the old man Lennon character.

Mr Jinx

The Pianist

Gave this another watch given the amount of free time I have now and was glad I did. Polanski's biopic of a Jewish concert pianist and his survival tale of WWII. It's as shocking as it is moving and you can certainly draw parallels with today's events: crises bring out the very best and worst of people, that's for sure.

10/10

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Gave Yesterday a go last night and was expecting it to be a bit of more of a chick flick type which thankfully it wasn't that bad a good idea for a film which would be worth a watch again at some point the John Lennon bit I wasn't expecting and did was a good touch. 7/10

Next a film I thought just about everyone had seen at school but apparently Mrs Ramone had never heard of Ring of Bright Water ! Bill travers and Virginia McKenna with a short cameo role for June Ellis (Fletch's wife from Porridge).
It involves a Londoner who moves to the Scottish coast along with his pet Otter where he meets McKenna , One of those films with a feelgood factor storyline good still for kids and adults alike. 8/10
Didn't realise Travers was a Major during the war as part of SOE in Malaya and one of the first Allied operatives to enter Hiroshima after the bomb dropped !

GJW

Asterix: the secret of the magic potion (2018) 10/10. Great to see my heroes in a proper animation worthy of the original cartoon books, unlike the poor early animations and the awful live action efforts. Not everyone’s cup of magic potion but if you are a fan you’ll enjoy it, By Toutatis!
Anyone remember Weetabix doing Asterix cardboard cut out figures and the whole back of the box would be a scene from an Asterix story (probably Late seventies)?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Lavender Hill MOb (1951), with a young Sid James. A bit dated but loved seeing the old cars, vans and lorries, and working out what the bits of London that were filmed look like now.

Reactions: DB9

iscalad

The Lavender Hill MOb (1951), with a young Sid James. A bit dated but loved seeing the old cars, vans and lorries, and working out what the bits of London that were filmed look like now.
Excellent film

DB9

Excellent film
It is truly a classic, Also what Hants was saying about London places etc it is interesting to see in the background bomb damage buildings or ones that look like they're being repaired/demolished