• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Don't wanna know the truth ….. don't ask the question.

ex_user1234

Resigned
He is entitled to his view, Totally agree but this is an open forum and everyone else are entitled to their views and if those views differ then that makes for good conversation
Of course, everyone is entitled to their view. But Danny seems to be subjected to posts that attack him personally just because he offers a different viewpoint to most. Sure, if you're attacked in life, attack back. Otherwise the bullies win. But all I see is Danny making sometimes good and sometimes bad points on here, and yet he gets personally attacked. It's a shame as some of his views are refreshing, especially on women's football.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Don't wanna know the truth ….. don't ask the question.
Did he ask to be personally attacked? No, he didn't. He posted a thread asking a genuine question. Some of you guys seem to revel in a Lord of the Flies mentality on here.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course, everyone is entitled to their view. But Danny seems to be subjected to posts that attack him personally just because he offers a different viewpoint to most. Sure, if you're attacked in life, attack back. Otherwise the bullies win. But all I see is Danny making sometimes good and sometimes bad points on here, and yet he gets personally attacked. It's a shame as some of his views are refreshing, especially on women's football.
The problem I see with his views/posts is that he wants the club to run before it can walk and much as we all hate but accept we're a small club with very limited finances, People have asked him to engage with the club on his ideas but he deflects those offers and just keeps slagging the club off, Regarding the women's team, Playing at SJP is not practical, Look how the pitch was before football was suspended, It was an awful mess and that's just with the 1st team playing on it. He's very closed to counter arguments and that is why people rise to his sly digs

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simply No

ex_user1234

Resigned
The problem I see with his views/posts is that he wants the club to run before it can walk and much as we all hate but accept we're a small club with very limited finances, People have asked him to engage with the club on his ideas but he deflects those offers and just keeps slagging the club off, Regarding the women's team, Playing at SJP is not practical, Look how the pitch was before football was suspended, It was an awful mess and that's just with the 1st team playing on it. He's very closed to counter arguments and that is why people rise to his sly digs
Fair enough. That's a very reasonable answer. I agree it is impractical for the women's team to play at SJP because of the state of the pitch. I think a good first step would be for them to play in Exeter rather than Cullompton. If we can one day afford a Premier League style pitch that can recover quickly then they should play at SJP.

Danny - please try and be more open to counter arguments on here and you will get a better reception from others. Thanks.

DB9

I can see the argument for the women's team to play within the City's walls and if there is a concerted effort to find a suitable ground I'm sure that would get a positive response from the club and supporters alike but just to repeat the same old record "SJP or nothing" is not helping

ex_user1234

Resigned
I can see the argument for the women's team to play within the City's walls and if there is a concerted effort to find a suitable ground I'm sure that would get a positive response from the club and supporters alike but just to repeat the same old record "SJP or nothing" is not helping
I agree. One step at a time. Danny - please take note!

geoffwp

Did he ask to be personally attacked? No, he didn't. He posted a thread asking a genuine question. Some of you guys seem to revel in a Lord of the Flies mentality on here.
Ah, now that depends on whether you're in Ralph's gang or Jack's. Important choice.

Rosencrantz

If there was any altruistic person(s) who wants to take over, try and boost income significantly, cover and write off (or guarantee no cost to the club without return) any investment in the attempt to increase income which goes into the club and shows clear plans on how that can be achieved...then the question can be asked and I am sure would be considered. Are there any such people out there would be the more immediate question.