• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough the players to avoid a cashflow crisis

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you happy for your hard earned taxes to be spent on propping up Spurs who are happy to continue to pay players millions of pounds each month and have an owner worth £4.4 BILLION?
There should be a massive backlash against the overpaid players at the top of the game. They have the ability to do something about it by volunteering a pay cut..The clubs have little to do about it unless the players agree...

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ed, In case it had passed you by, the trust elections have been and gone, you didn't get elected!
I really don't see the need for a snide comment like that. He is simply adding to an interesting discussion.

chrisw

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
If at all possible, the playing staff should be furloughed.

The club cannot reasonably expected to continue paying staff who are not able to generate (directly or indirectly) any revenue as a result of Government restrictions. That is exactly what the Government scheme was set up to cover. Unfortunately, my post below aged better than I'd hoped it to.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Ed, In case it had passed you by, the trust elections have been and gone, you didn't get elected!
No flirting with me in public please Andy...xxx :love:

eurogrecian

Maybe once this is all over with the club will stop being run like a summer fete and actually start to be run like a business that is able to face up to challenges. .
Whatever your views of the way the club has been run, I think you'd agree that this particular challenge is not one that is in the textbooks.
Give people a break.

Legohead

Banned
I'd rather the club be run as it is now rather than how Bury were, or Macclesfield, or Oldham or pretty much any number of clubs in the EFL. If that means remaining solvent, in league 2 yet still striving to do the best for the fans with what they have then i'm over the moon with that.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever your views of the way the club has been run, I think you'd agree that this particular challenge is not one that is in the textbooks.
Give people a break.
FWIW I couldn't be much more happy with the way the club is being run; seems to me we have a better, more-sustainable business model than the overwhelming majority of EFL clubs.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you happy for your hard earned taxes to be spent on propping up Spurs who are happy to continue to pay players millions of pounds each month and have an owner worth £4.4 BILLION?
If Spurs turned round and furloughed all of their staff then the tax payer would be picking up a lot more.

Andy Holloway

I really don't see the need for a snide comment like that. He is simply adding to an interesting discussion.
Nothing snide at all, now if you want a snide comment then........

So Ed thinks nobody at ECFC has even thought about what to do but he has the ultimate solution, give it a break i expect it's all they've thought about for a few weeks now. It's the way some people think that THEY are the only ones with a solution to any problem that brings out snide comments, as you call them.

Me, i'm more than happy to leave the Club - off pitch - Management to deal with this problem, they're the ones with ALL the information, especially where players contracts are concerned.