• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Finance Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can pause it through the My Sky app no need to call them.
Or on their website under my account. I take it that BT is still not offering the same though 🤨

Edit; or maybe they are https://www.bt.com/consumer/edw/sport-support/ 🙂

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
You can pause it through the My Sky app no need to call them.
I don't have that. I'll see if I can download it. Thanks RD.

Red Devon

I don't have that. I'll see if I can download it. Thanks RD.
You can still watch the sports channels too if you wish although it’s only recorded stuff.

Alistair20000

How can a L1 club lose £24m?
Accounts to 30 June 2019 show a £3.3 million loss and nearly £18 million of creditors and cumulative losses of £16 million. Gruesome

Colesman Ballz

Accounts to 30 June 2019 show a £3.3 million loss and nearly £18 million of creditors and cumulative losses of £16 million. Gruesome
No wonder that their former manager said that he couldn't compete with the little 'ol' Grecians in the transfer market ! Looking for all the world that it will end up in tears for the Pirates. Maybe then Bed Taker could put in a bid, on behalf of himself and his other out of work chums ? The Cheese might then even end up with "his job for life" after all !

Legohead

Banned
I managed to pause my Sky Sports package so that's all good and my BT package has given me the option of continuing to pay but that money goes to the NHS COVID-19 appeal so I've chosen to do that. Thanks for your help with these everyone.

geoffwp

So on Monday Newcastle lay off all non playing staff. Today Tottenham cut non playing staff wages by 20%. Any mention of the players also taking a cut? Fat chance. Seems like their snouts are still firmly in the trough.

Legohead

Banned
So on Monday Newcastle lay off all non playing staff. Today Tottenham cut non playing staff wages by 20%. Any mention of the players also taking a cut? Fat chance. Seems like their snouts are still firmly in the trough.
It's a disgrace really isn't it? If I was a player on 100k a week and the office staff etc were getting paycuts i'd offer to chip in. I'm amazed footballers don't even feel guilty about not doing so.

Oldsmobile-88

The staff are on furlough..Does that mean the government picking up the tab for 80% of wages at Spurs & Newcastle ? Despite both clubs being flush with PL money.

Red Devon

Macclesfield Town: Players' wages not paid on time for March
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52156791