• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets 2020/21 (and refunds for 2019/20)

Dannyred

How is this insensitive? Every business right now needs income more than ever. What about the background staff at the club? Income needs to come in from somewhere, otherwise there may be no football club, and therefore no jobs for the staff to return to.
Think this is a problem all around the world and the government are helping businesses with staff wages.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think this is a problem all around the world and the government are helping businesses with staff wages.
If you don't want to help, fair enough. Please stop banging on about it.

Dannyred

I really find it very offensive and insensitive that you continuously state the club is lacking at PR and Marketing, I feel it's something that has improved a lot over the last few years. We are a VERY small team and work a huge amount of extra hours than we are paid for to do as much promoting as we can on extremely limited budgets.

But don't let that get in the way of your club bashing.
Yes I agree it has improved but still needs to keep improving.

Are you having a dig at the club for working hours that you don’t get paid for doing but should?

Limited budget on marketing is sad to hear as good marketing is essential to improving businesses.

iscalad

Are you having a dig at the club for working hours that you don’t get paid for doing but should?

Limited budget on marketing is sad to hear as good marketing is essential to improving businesses.
Beggars belief

Scott_Palfrey

No I’m not - I’m saying we go above and beyond because we love the club and what it stands for - which makes it hurt even more when you belittle what we do.

Rather than have pops at the club it would be beneficial if you could point out the ways we are ‘failing’ it’s interesting that we actually get generally positive feedback on what we achieve, I’m hopeful your dislike of what we do is more than just that we don’t do enough for the ladies team.

Believe me we are improving and trying to improved every day - I wouldn’t be doing this job if that wasn’t the case - hence why it’s upsetting to read this.

DB9

No I’m not - I’m saying we go above and beyond because we love the club and what it stands for - which makes it hurt even more when you belittle what we do.

Rather than have pops at the club it would be beneficial if you could point out the ways we are ‘failing’ it’s interesting that we actually get generally positive feedback on what we achieve, I’m hopeful your dislike of what we do is more than just that we don’t do enough for the ladies team.

Believe me we are improving and trying to improved every day - I wouldn’t be doing this job if that wasn’t the case - hence why it’s upsetting to read this.
Don't take any notice of them, They were the same regarding the Women's team, Moaned, Griped, Belittled the club but never came up with any answers, When challenged they mostly disappeared. (I'm using the term "Them" because I don't know if Dannyred is male or female)

Last edited:

Dannyred

We all love the club that is something we can all agree on.

You shouldn’t rely on Just positive comments as constructive criticism is something you can sometimes learn from too.

There are a number of things that have improved but we keep playing the small club card which is so negative.

Marketing needs to be globally not just locally as it seems, look at why a club supposedly owned by the fans has just 3000 members ?

You mentioned the ladies team ? For someone in marketing shouldn’t you use the correct word used as Women’s team. When marketing a family club you should also focus on the women’s team too and look at the huge rise in the women’s game from big sponsors, marketing them could help us rise above everyone in the south west and benefits the whole club.

I don’t doubt that you don’t work hard.

Anyhow I still think the clubs timing was wrong on announcing season tickets.

fred binneys head

Constructive criticism from a clueless €uckwit is of no value whatsoever. Keep on keeping on, Scott.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Winning 'Best Fan Engagement' Club clearly isn't enough for some people.

The Social Media always makes me smile, and isn't over done. I especially liked Saturday's effort, making the MK Dons game appear as live from the build ups, to warm ups, in-game commentary and through to the interviews. Simple, but no doubt lots of work behind the scenes and really well done.

But yes, we should do more to market the club to say Indonesia and Arizona where there is a global audience for a 4th tier English side.

Scott_Palfrey

Beggars belief
We all love the club that is something we can all agree on.

You shouldn’t rely on Just positive comments as constructive criticism is something you can sometimes learn from too.

There are a number of things that have improved but we keep playing the small club card which is so negative.

Marketing needs to be globally not just locally as it seems, look at why a club supposedly owned by the fans has just 3000 members ?

You mentioned the ladies team ? For someone in marketing shouldn’t you use the correct word used as Women’s team. When marketing a family club you should also focus on the women’s team too and look at the huge rise in the women’s game from big sponsors, marketing them could help us rise above everyone in the south west and benefits the whole club.

I don’t doubt that you don’t work hard.

Anyhow I still think the clubs timing was wrong on announcing season tickets.
You have a very infuriating nack of nitpicking! I’m not looking for compliments trust me - I hate unsubstantiated claims that we don’t know what we are doing.

We don’t play the small team card - we appreciate for what we are and everyone -5 the club, everyone is desperate that we progress to the next level.

I request that you come into the club and we sit down and run through what you see that we aren’t achieving and how we can fix this - I feel that would be far more beneficial than some vague statements on a message forum.

You also don’t quite get just how limited our resources are and how far they can stretch - in an ideal world we would love to give coverage for everything including the Academy but we just don’t have the ability.

We have already put measures in place for the Women’s team for next season to help with coverage - we work closely with Abbie and the team.

Anyway - it’s sad that people have to mock and be mean about people’s jobs - I’m sure you wouldn’t talk that way about a supermarket employee if they were slow putting your shopping through, or like it if I started complaining about what you do for a living...