• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Finishing the season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Possibly add in to all the scenarios that some clubs could fold between now and the restart.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
From noises coming from the football authorities they will complete this season and worry about the next one after.

If it gets to the stage where they can play a match without a crowd,stick all the matches on Ifollow for a fair price.Let season ticket holders have it for free.

IBA

this season will not be finished ever, we are likely to be looking at the longest gap in Football since WW2, with probably a significant restructing of the league required following a number of clubs collapsing .

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
this season will not be finished ever, we are likely to be looking at the longest gap in Football since WW2, with probably a significant restructing of the league required following a number of clubs collapsing .
"Half a league, half a league, half a league onward ..."

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Half a league, half a league, half a league onward ..."
We might be a championship club after this ;)

Obviously I joke. Just hope that we can get on top of this. My son today potentially won't finish his reception year at school which is heartbreaking for him along with millions of other children across all school years.

I hope across football, the fa, premier league and efl that clubs are protected. Then after this significantly better financial controls are enforced on clubs moving forward

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
They won't start next season without bringing this one to some sort of conclusion. The FA and EFL would be buried under legal action forever.Its going to take some creative thinking to satisfy everyone and take into account the performance of clubs this season and there is a cut off point to that which is when Euro 2020(21) starts.

IBA

They won't start next season without bringing this one to some sort of conclusion. The FA and EFL would be buried under legal action forever.Its going to take some creative thinking to satisfy everyone and take into account the performance of clubs this season and there is a cut off point to that which is when Euro 2020(21) starts.
The starting point is that they wish to conclude the season, the reality is that this is increasingly unlikely. As much as i would love to see the season played out in the nornal way, these are not normal times and the longer this pandemic goes on the football authoritiies will have no choice but to adandon the season as it stands .

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s how I see it too IBA.Unless there is a miracle.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The starting point is that they wish to conclude the season, the reality is that this is increasingly unlikely. As much as i would love to see the season played out in the nornal way, these are not normal times and the longer this pandemic goes on the football authoritiies will have no choice but to adandon the season as it stands .
Wouldn't surprise me if they abandon next season to a certain extent.Can't believe they will have time to prepare for a full itinerary.Something will have to be arranged to bring income to the teams who have still survived and part of that may involve finishing this year with the teams that are left.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basically, none of us has a scooby.