• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Football suspended until 30 April

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you're missing football, then I understand that the House of Commons are debating VAR tomorrow afternoon. :rolleyes:
The Hilton App advert is the closest you can get to a game at the moment ⚽⚽😂😂

Oldsmobile-88

Oldsmobile-88

The one thing that has been brought into sharp focus is how sport with football in general,is a big issue in social & local economic well being.

Like us all,I have no idea how long the shutdown will last & it’s depressing to think that it could be for months ☹(A frigging disaster if pubs,bars & cafes shut too)

Writing this post from a gloriously sunny Exmouth sea front.Which I’m pleased to report is very busy.

Alistair20000

The one thing that has been brought into sharp focus is how sport with football in general,is a big issue in social & local economic well being.

Like us all,I have no idea how long the shutdown will last & it’s depressing to think that it could be for months ☹(A frigging disaster if pubs,bars & cafes shut too)

Writing this post from a gloriously sunny Exmouth sea front.Which I’m pleased to report is very busy.
I fear a lot of pubs, bars, cafes etc will not reopen after being closed as a result of this virus.

DB9

I fear a lot of pubs, bars, cafes etc will not reopen after being closed as a result of this virus.
Pubs, Especially the rural ones are so vunerable

Oldsmobile-88

Indeed.A lot struggle now.This will be the final nail in the coffin for many...Huge numbers of people work in the hospitality industry.

Dare I suggest that a few projects that hoover up Billions of £..HS2,International Development etc which are of little importance to the average citizen,have a portion of that money diverted to help ordinary working people whos lives are going to be decimated by the current crisis.

DB9

Indeed.A lot struggle now.This will be the final nail in the coffin for many...Huge numbers of people work in the hospitality industry.

Dare I suggest that a few projects that hoover up Billions of £..HS2,International Development etc which are of little importance to the average citizen,have a portion of that money diverted to help ordinary working people whos lives are going to be decimated by the current crisis.
HS2 Just seems so unimportant right now like so many other things

LOG

It's been unimportant to most of the country since day one!

Andy Holloway

It's been unimportant to most of the country since day one!
Unless you were a contractor working on it!

iscalad

Unless you were a contractor working on it!
That's not most of the country