• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Crewe build up

Dannyred

The crucial thing about this season is that it is an improvement on last season.

We are 50/50 for the autos and playoffs which is great.

Taylor is learning on the job. He still makes mistakes but his signings have generally been good and he seems able to attract quality players.

Even if we don't go up this year we should be positive about this season and the direction of the club.
We are Not good enough for automatic promotion and the lack of signing a decent striker in January and never dropping bowman could end up keeping us in league two.

Tomorrow is a massive game for both clubs. UTC

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder how well Tisdale's style of lightweight "Tika-Taka" would have fared during this (record-breakingly wet and windy) February?

Of course, we'll never know! But I suspect we might have been blown away by some of the tougher journeymen in this division?

TSW1389

I wonder how well Tisdale's style of lightweight "Tika-Taka" would have fared during this (record-breakingly wet and windy) February?

Of course, we'll never know! But I suspect we might have been blown away by some of the tougher journeymen in this division?
The low winter sun wouldn't have helped recently either

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many tickets have been sold for tomorrow night.? You'd hope for a good attendance and atmosphere tomorrow

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our pitch is looking like a badly ploughed field. If we dont play Fisher and Bowman up top and lump the ball long at every opportunity we are missing a trick.

tonykellowfan

We are Not good enough for automatic promotion and the lack of signing a decent striker in January and never dropping bowman could end up keeping us in league two.

Tomorrow is a massive game for both clubs. UTC
I think we are definitely good enough for automatic promotion, the teams around us are nothing special. We beat Plymouth 4-0 for example.

I don't think it is that easy to just go out an buy a striker who is better than Bowman. There really aren't that many around, the best option would have been a punt on someone from the lower leagues, but that would clearly be a gamble.

If you drop Bowman who do you play instead of him? Fisher is far worse than Bowman and Seymour and Ajose would be a pretty lightweight front 2. Bowman is our top scorer, not that many have scored more than him in L2 this season.

Dannyred

I think we are definitely good enough for automatic promotion, the teams around us are nothing special. We beat Plymouth 4-0 for example.

I don't think it is that easy to just go out an buy a striker who is better than Bowman. There really aren't that many around, the best option would have been a punt on someone from the lower leagues, but that would clearly be a gamble.

If you drop Bowman who do you play instead of him? Fisher is far worse than Bowman and Seymour and Ajose would be a pretty lightweight front 2. Bowman is our top scorer, not that many have scored more than him in L2 this season.
Cambridge beat us 4-0

We should of loaned someone wanting to prove themselves, bowman is a guaranteed starter each week unlike any other player this season, He doesn’t have to fight for a place.

I would love the automatics but I don’t see it.

Let’s hope I am wrong.

Grecian2K

Before we all get too smug with 11 games still to go we ain't even sure of the play-offs yet. Remember last season??:cry:

As the old hymn (almost goes)
"One game at a time.....
Sweet Jesus"

Andy Holloway

We hammered Oldham. :)
And somebody else by a decent margin earlier in the season, but i can't for the life of me remember who they were!!!!!

Red Devon

Win lose or draw I just hope we play like a team desperate for promotion on Saturday we didn’t see a performance like that until the last 20 minutes.