• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Exehausted

Apparently a chap turned up at the RD&E yesterday and said he thought that he might have the virus. He was told to go to a special cubicle that has been set up in the car park. A consultant and a Doctor both donned special "space suits" and went to meet him. They asked why he thought he might have it and he said (this is not a joke) and he replied that he had been sneezing all day and the night before he had eaten a Chinese take away. I say again, this is not a joke.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently a chap turned up at the RD&E yesterday and said he thought that he might have the virus. He was told to go to a special cubicle that has been set up in the car park. A consultant and a Doctor both donned special "space suits" and went to meet him. They asked why he thought he might have it and he said (this is not a joke) and he replied that he had been sneezing all day and the night before he had eaten a Chinese take away. I say again, this is not a joke.
Unfortunately that story does not surprise me.
Plenty of daft scenarios around A & E on a regular basis.

hardi2b

Err, not wishing to prolong the debate but what exactly in my post was "slanderous"?
If it was my observations about VP Pence? Well, it's all on public record.
Not familiar with your "public record " please provide links to, and bibliography to, any articles, books and websites that give a objective viewpoint, excluding of-course, any that exhibit a predetermination of bias.

Spoonz Red E

Not familiar with your "public record " please provide links to, and bibliography to, any articles, books and websites that give a objective viewpoint, excluding of-course, any that exhibit a predetermination of bias.
You blew it with that last phrase.

In current discourse, any dissenting voice is assumed to have a predetermination of bias.
Oh what joy to be alive to witness it.

Grecian2K

Yer tiz....(just for starters)

hardi2b

Ahh "The Guardian" of course! full anti-conservative invective - (guess I should have expected that) - subjective as reflected in your original views on Mike Pence.
I can only gather from the paucity of references given in your response that you only read that which soothes your narrow political mindset. I really don't, and I strongly suspect many others could do without the injection of politics on pages not so designated. Further, the petty bickering found among these pages I find disappointing when presumably we are all supporting the same club.

hardi2b

Grecian2k writes:
And it is almost inevitable that, sooner or later, another real "black death" will mutate and - with 21st Century communications - be dispersed at a speed previously unthought of.

In a way relatively "benign" epidemics perhaps offer almost a "dry run" for dealing with the logistics and consequences of dealing globally with a pandemic.

This

IndoMike

Ahh "The Guardian" of course! full anti-conservative invective - (guess I should have expected that) - subjective as reflected in your original views on Mike Pence.
I can only gather from the paucity of references given in your response that you only read that which soothes your narrow political mindset. I really don't, and I strongly suspect many others could do without the injection of politics on pages not so designated. Further, the petty bickering found among these pages I find disappointing when presumably we are all supporting the same club.
And yet your avatar is clearly pro Trump, which is also clearly a political atatemwnt, so every time you post you are indirectly
bringing political bias into the equation.
You don't want politics injected into the topic and I don't want to see Trump's ugly orange mugshot every time I see your posts.
C'est la vie for both of us.
PS. At the moment it seems that the weather is more likely to disrupt matches rather than Coronavirus

hardi2b

Infer what you like from my avatar you may or may not be correct ! If it is construed as a political statement it is only in the eye of the political mind......you don't like my avatar I suggest you cover that portion of the screen. Alternatively have those responsible ban all avatars.

IndoMike

Infer what you like from my avatar you may or may not be correct ! If it is construed as a political statement it is only in the eye of the political mind......you don't like my avatar I suggest you cover that portion of the screen. Alternatively have those responsible ban all avatars.
I haven"t mentioned banning avatars. I simply implied that you were being a hypocrite. And I wasn't born yesterday : your avatar is clearly pro-Trump.
So you keep on with your avatar and G2K is free to comment about Mike Pence. Freedom of Speech, right!?