• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth V's Exeter City EFL Trophy SF Official Match Day Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Commentary on Talksport 2
27CDBB42-BD8E-4E2B-83E2-DA8264B85EFD.jpeg

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
For a match day thread this is pretty quiet, even for a midweek match.

If Portsmouth have sold 12000 tickets I wonder how many Grecians will be there. Just over 3 hours on the road from Exeter even less from London and relatively straight links to Portsmouth although with most motorways around London there are roadworks on the M3. FBH has stated he will be there and presumably Hants but I wonder how many more bearing in mind our home attendances in this competitoin. This is a semi final of a national competition and we need to forget the politics surrounding the competition. Win and it's another £50,000 in the bank (better than the Sky handout we are getting for playing the Scum)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
presumably Hants but I wonder how many more bearing in mind our home attendances in this competitoin.
Good grief no. This competition is being boycotted. I don't agree with B teams in the football league, and supporting this competition will encourage that.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting, not even a scan on Sky

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now TV 24 hour pass activated, Beers in Fridge keeping coooool, just waiting for 7.30 and the pundits Come on you reds (or yellow and purples, or blacks)

Steve H

It's does feel dodgy that the money for winning this game in a cup no one is interested in is five times more then we get for a Devon derby that could decide automatic promotion (and potentially the Champions).... though to be fair nothing surprises me involving the FA and their Sky paymasters

Rog H K

13000 Pompy tickets sold?
Do we get 50% of gate?

thermopylai

So is the game also on iFollow? The various manifestations of Sky Sports over here don't seem overly interested in the game...

i8cornwall

Play the under 12’s and show what an actual joke this competition is to the world.

We as a club voted against it after all.

exeter-loyal

13000 Pompy tickets sold?
Do we get 50% of gate?
I reckon their will be over 14k easy. Not sure but I Bleedy hope so!