• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Walsall away - Sat 7th March

Legohead

Banned
Hoping to do this one with a mate. It's a new ground for me although I have passed the ground whilst stuck on the motorway opposite once a few years ago. Anyone who has been offer any advice on parking etc? Is it a good day out and a decent ground? Should imagine we'd take 500?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice big carpark at the ground mate.

Legohead

Banned
Nice big carpark at the ground mate.
My kinda club :)

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I presume it’s still there but last time I went there was a fairly large social club on site which was full of City fans. You had to pay something like a pound to get in but they were serving food and drink.

Be sure to see the home of the Chillington wheelbarrow too.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not going, my missus has surprised me with tickets to see Ardal O'Hanlon at Buxton Opera House that night.

sigh

Oldsmobile-88

I presume it’s still there but last time I went there was a fairly large social club on site which was full of City fans. You had to pay something like a pound to get in but they were serving food and drink.
Yes,a decent social club.Food was available too on my last visit..Hopefully it’s open.Pretty sure I read on a forum that it was shut last season?

Not much else close by unless you like fast food joints.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It has a train station right by the away end. Excellent idea, which more football stadiums had one! And they don't cancel them if there's rugby on!

Rosencrantz

Don't know about anyone else but I've always found them one of the more friendly and welcoming clubs in terms of stewards and staff.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know about anyone else but I've always found them one of the more friendly and welcoming clubs in terms of stewards and staff.
My last time there I accidentally scared the bejeezus out of a female steward - we messed up leading to a Walsall goal, causing me to bang my rolled up programme hard on a barrier with said steward stood back to me the other side of it. She nearly jumped out of her skin.

Anyway, clap clap from me.

fred binneys head

Walsall is where I started the chant “have you ever seen a siege?” when we won 2-1 a few years back. Always enjoy a day out in Walsall.