• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without wanting to be too negative, that highlights reel has really hit home just how poor their keeper was on the night. Should've saved Collins shot. Bowman's goal though... maybe its a weird angle, but it seems impossible for the keeper to fail to get to it. Last goal wasn't impressive, either, but those ones can make very good keepers look like mugs...

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was amused to hear the Oldham supporters giving the referee grief at 4-1...”4-1 to the referee” they sang..3 of the goals were arguably down to the keeper & the 4th was the most dead cert penalty & red card you will ever see.

That’s football fans for you..Heard it myself on my travels when things go wrong & a scapegoat is looked for 😁😁

Legohead

Banned
I was amused to hear the Oldham supporters giving the referee grief at 4-1...”4-1 to the referee” they sang..3 of the goals were arguably down to the keeper & the 4th was the most dead cert penalty & red card you will ever see.

That’s football fans for you..Heard it myself on my travels when things go wrong & a scapegoat is looked for 😁😁

They are from across the border. Red rose county therefore they can be forgiven. They have my sympathy if not just for that. :ROFLMAO:

Red Devon

Without wanting to be too negative, that highlights reel has really hit home just how poor their keeper was on the night. Should've saved Collins shot. Bowman's goal though... maybe its a weird angle, but it seems impossible for the keeper to fail to get to it. Last goal wasn't impressive, either, but those ones can make very good keepers look like mugs...

Maybe he should have gone for this newly invented chest save for the Collins and Dickenson goals 😂😂 although there’s a fair chance with all those bodies in the box the ball would have probably ricocheted off someone’s arse and into the back of the net anyway....seriously though from where I was sat in the IPO you could see Dickenson ball was going into the net as soon as he hit it.

IndoMike

Maybe he should have gone for this newly invented chest save for the Collins and Dickenson goals 😂😂 although there’s a fair chance with all those bodies in the box the ball would have probably ricocheted off someone’s arse and into the back of the net anyway....seriously though from where I was sat in the IPO you could see Dickenson ball was going into the net as soon as he hit it.
It was the perfect ball. A forward sticks it into the net or it goes in far post. Behind the defenders, and keeper doesn"t know if to stick or twist.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was the perfect ball. A forward sticks it into the net or it goes in far post. Behind the defenders, and keeper doesn"t know if to stick or twist.
I actually thought their defender should have done better and got something on the ball. Keeper had no chance with that kind of delivery, gotta look at the defenders.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually thought their defender should have done better and got something on the ball. Keeper had no chance with that kind of delivery, gotta look at the defenders.
Who cares - 5:1 to the Grecians !
Same again Saturday !
UTC

grecIAN Harris

Try watching the 360 version of Collins goal. The keeper wouldn't have seen it until the ball was virtually in the six yard box giving him almost no time to react.

GrecianExile

All I know is that you know f*** all about goalkeeping! "Choosing to chest shots away"? You really believe he could have "wrapped his arms" around either of the shots in question? On both occasions the ball bounced up at him off of an awful surface. He did the best he could with both of those shots, there was no way he could have held them. Okay the ball came back into play off of him both times and the defenders had to be alive to it, but where else could it have gone? His follow up save to the second shot was excellent. Under the conditions I thought he had a good game, although he might have been a bit more alive to the goal he conceeded. Either way, Ward is infinitely better than Maxted, and I hope he remains injury free.
LOL the irony of your first sentence......

PeteUSA

LOL the irony of your first sentence......

I dont altogether know what your comment means, but I suspect its to promote an argument? Either way, if you think that Ward could have done anything differently with the two shots in question, then you dont know f*** all about goalkeeping either. Wards priority with those two awful shots was to get his upper body behind the ball, which he did.