• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

bassoparker

Yes.I thought he had.I was in block B of the Stagecoach..
From standing in the Big Bank behind the goal it looked like it to me as well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jay has just put in MOM performances on back to back Sat/Tue games.

Law has looked decidedly leggy in his last two games. I think he has reached the age now where a full season of 90 minutes games is not possible.
Nicky Law is still only 31! However, Matt Taylor has said that he does have a tendency to pick up niggles if he plays 3 games in a week.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nicky Law is still only 31! However, Matt Taylor has said that he does have a tendency to pick up niggles if he plays 3 games in a week.
Law's still got it. He's dipped a bit for about 3 games. You think that's it... He's done? He's just having a dip in form.

Sorry was really aimed at the post you wee quoting

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only set back really was Parkes going off, he sprinted off down the tunnel like he was desperate for the bog. Anyone said what was wrong yet?

Edit: thanks Sea Grecian for clearing that up 😳, get well soon Tom!
yikes! sea Grecian clearing up after Tom Parkes had dashed for the bog is going over and beyond the call of duty...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe the way forward is a 4g pitch now.
It isn’t.

Grecianpasty

Jay MOTM in the last two games for me. Hats off to Collins and Atangana too, bossed the midfield all night.
In the first half Oldham bossed our midfield. We didn't pick up any of the second balls, and had the sending off and the resulting penalty not occurred, we would have had to play better to get the three points. I would argue that was one of our worst first half performances, particularly in the midfield.

Thankfully, as MT stated, the second half the lads where professional, and showed that little bit of quality needed playing against 10 men.

On a side note, Keeper definitely should have saved archies goal.

ryancooper327

At times we almost played a 3-2-3-2 formation with the wing backs pushed right up. Played some good football at times when the pressure came off a bit. Richardson and Randell switching wings so often caused their full backs a lot of trouble. I think my favourite part though was Martin smashing the ball into the stands in a proper ‘have it’ way in the first half. Collins did too at some point. Proper defending.

ryancooper327

Another thing I loved was Ajose screaming at Ward to hurry up throwing/kicking out when we were 4-1 up, he really wanted to score. I think he played well actually despite not scoring.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can only play against what's in front of you and second half, we were really dominant and on it. However, they were a midfielder short, playing into a gale. Our midfield has been nullified quite a bit recently... Especially first halves (plus 2nd half at Vale). A concern?

tonykellowfan

Law's still got it. He's dipped a bit for about 3 games. You think that's it... He's done? He's just having a dip in form.

Sorry was really aimed at the post you wee quoting
Law is 32 in March. Many players have a steep drop off in performance at this age.

Law has been a fantastic player and may still be. But at the moment I think his level has dropped badly in the last few games.

Holmes was a shoe in for every game not that long ago, probably our best player. Now he hardly plays. We haven't missed Woodman since he was injured.

So many managers persist with older players longer than they should do as they remember their better performances.

For my money Jay should be starting ahead of Law, in the hole behind Ajose and Bowman.