• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Redarrow

I'm not sure it would have inhibited his career to have signed the forms for City. In fact, a season or two scoring goals in Div Two would have have helped him enormously. It's moat likely what he will do on loan once Fulham have given him a few bench appearances...
I agree with this mate and think as a young hungry goal scorer you need to be scoring plenty to have that confidence you need, I know he has been playing incredibly well for their U18’s but it’s a different ball game all together in the championship isn’t it, saying that he looked very bright against West Brom when he came on and nearly got an assist from a great ball in, also on the other hand playing with better players will ultimately make him perform better anyways! Very excited to follow his progress as he looks fantastic

Redarrow

Be interesting to see if Parker plays him second half as what a great experience that would be for him, will make him even hungrier playing in front of that many and on live TV

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe not, but signing for a bigger club early gives security. You can break your leg anytime.

He also seems to have done very well. Was he earmarked for the first team here straight away if he'd stayed?
Given the fact we struggle to score many, I suspect his chance would have come fairly early on.

denzel

Didn't get on again. Shame.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has signed a pro contract with Fulham

Ian Russon

Are we actually going to get any money for Jay poached? Also if he's slotted into Fulham 1's so quick, why didn't we play him?

PeteUSA

Are we actually going to get any money for Jay poached? Also if he's slotted into Fulham 1's so quick, why didn't we play him?

Because we failed to notice what a remarkably talented player he was.

iscalad

I saw him play at SJP last season.

Rosencrantz

Because he was still at school but a regular in our u18s, an age group ahead of his contemporaries.

He has settled in at Fulham very quickly scoring a lot which has propelled him in to the u23s and because of injury, on to the first team bench. Good for him, he has worked hard and got rewards that has opened up for him.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because we failed to notice what a remarkably talented player he was.
Untrue, the club were very aware of how good he was. However it is one thing to notice the talent, it is another to select it for a first team game.