• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Oldham discussion thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some more pre-match reading.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
If there's a bad news story in the lower leagues you just know that David Conn will be there, hovering over the entrails like some malnourished Vulture.....

Blacky

Ward
Sweeney Martin Parkes
Williamson Dickenson
Collins. Atangana
Jay. Law
Bowman

Might be a bit of a tweak too far, and not sure if Nicky Law is available for selection.

Colesman Ballz

If there's a bad news story in the lower leagues you just know that David Conn will be there, hovering over the entrails like some malnourished Vulture.....
It is very reassuring to have an intelligent reporter, covering the malfeasance in the lower leagues, rather than concentrating on the hype of the Premier$hite.

malcolms

It is very reassuring to have an intelligent reporter, covering the malfeasance in the lower leagues, rather than concentrating on the hype of the Premier$hite.
Possibly, but he asks the easy questions rather than tackle the real issues that mean the game is being closed down by an elite of mega wealthy international investors whose intentions are far more malevolent...

Red Bill

Ward
Sweeney Martin Parkes
Williamson Dickenson
Collins. Atangana
Jay. Law
Bowman

Might be a bit of a tweak too far, and not sure if Nicky Law is available for selection.
Good line up though !(I assume you mean williams)

Blacky

Good line up though !(I assume you mean williams)
Doh! Yes, sorry ... unless i meant his full name of Williamsontheright

Red Bill

Doh! Yes, sorry ... unless i meant his full name of Williamsontheright
Out of interest, how were yous seeing the midfield? I reckon as a diamond with Atangana at the back, Jay at the front and Law and Collins as the wider players. I think that could be a really good creative midfield.

Blacky

Out of interest, how were yous seeing the midfield? I reckon as a diamond with Atangana at the back, Jay at the front and Law and Collins as the wider players. I think that could be a really good creative midfield.
The width coming from Williams! and Dickenson
Collins and Atangana being fairly disciplined and central, Bowman classic no 9 - with Law and Jay with fairly fluid roles, swapping positions, feeding off Bowman and linking up with Williams and Dickenson when attacking and offering support and cover where needed. Two number 10s i suppose, but offering a bit more defensively if the situation warrants it.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possibly, but he asks the easy questions rather than tackle the real issues that mean the game is being closed down by an elite of mega wealthy international investors whose intentions are far more malevolent...
Is it not the role of a journalist to ask questions (even if they are easy)? In truth, I am not sure i agree that he is asking easy questions. He is clear to state that these are complicated issues and in truth, there may be no criminal impropriety. However, given all that is going on at Oldham, the existence of this newsworthy story does not point to good times ahead for OAFC. Its reading stories like this, that makes me glad we are the kind of club we are!