• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

ex_user1234

Resigned
I don't pretend to have any kind of knowledge of this Ultra's Code that Max and a couple of others have referred to earlier but I genuinely could not believe that this lot,
(it's Panathanikos Gate 13 Ultra's, would disband in the way the Red Legion have over a flag. Go out and gain revenge for it happening (and I'm not condoning the violence that would probably happen in doing so) but fold? Really? Or this lot,
, ultr ASLAN from Galatasaray doing the same. Probably the same rules apply with Gate 13.
That Galatasaray clip is NUTS! Always wanted to watch a game there. Closest I've got to football bonkers was in La Paz, Bolivia where the fans passed around a shield that was on fire!

Legohead

Banned
The main issue when comparing the likes of us to the likes of Galatasaray or even smaller Turkish clubs for example of similar size to us is that they actively want to get involved in the action on a matchday. British crowds just sing a few songs when their side has had a shot or scored and then they shut up. For these clubs like Galatasaray, half of the day is about going to watch their team and the other half is about making a song and dance about it for 90 minutes. Not 30 seconds after a player has had a shot on target but for the duration of the game. Anyone singing, jumping about and waving flags inside a British ground for 90 minutes would be certified insane because it's just not what we do and we should.

Even if we are 5-0 down the chanting and flag waving should be as loud as ever but fans in this country are a zillion miles off being like the ones in Europe. Because for the most part it takes effort. Effort which the RL have valiantly tried to upkeep and even try to motivate others to their credit but the upshot is that most footy fans in this country are unimaginative and not interested in proper sustained vocal support.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The main issue when comparing the likes of us to the likes of Galatasaray or even smaller Turkish clubs for example of similar size to us is that they actively want to get involved in the action on a matchday. British crowds just sing a few songs when their side has had a shot or scored and then they shut up. For these clubs like Galatasaray, half of the day is about going to watch their team and the other half is about making a song and dance about it for 90 minutes. Not 30 seconds after a player has had a shot on target but for the duration of the game. Anyone singing, jumping about and waving flags inside a British ground for 90 minutes would be certified insane because it's just not what we do and we should.

Even if we are 5-0 down the chanting and flag waving should be as loud as ever but fans in this country are a zillion miles off being like the ones in Europe. Because for the most part it takes effort. Effort which the RL have valiantly tried to upkeep and even try to motivate others to their credit but the upshot is that most footy fans in this country are unimaginative and not interested in proper sustained vocal support.
But the point I'm getting at is that there is apparent 'code' which The RL feel bound by because somebody has nicked their flag. Could honestly say that you could see Gate 13 or ultr ASLAN folding over this same code which it seems all ultras are supposed to be bound to? I could see them kicking ten shades of $4!t out of whoever did it but not curling up and dying about it.

Alistair20000

Shirley that was unmistakable profile of Sums back in harness again yesterday ? Or if not certainly a passable imitation !
I still thought he was too thin TBH Mr Ballz. I like a chubby lion me. :)

StroudGrecian

But the point I'm getting at is that there is apparent 'code' which The RL feel bound by because somebody has nicked their flag. Could honestly say that you could see Gate 13 or ultr ASLAN folding over this same code which it seems all ultras are supposed to be bound to? I could see them kicking ten shades of $4!t out of whoever did it but not curling up and dying about it.
ultr ASLAN - are they like from Narnia?

Reactions: GJW

i8cornwall

ultr ASLAN - are they like from Narnia?
No there the group that stabbed the two Leeds fans to death tho.

This thread is absolutely hilarious.
If I hadn"t seen it with my own eyes, I'd have never have seen it! Does this mean that we can sing proper old City songs again like ' You are my City, my only City, you make happy...' which I haven't heard for years since the drum and the Stanno song arrived!?

Grecian Max

Its happened to some of the biggest groups in the world. If you really think you know more about the ultra scene than us, then thats cool Ian, you’re already an expert in what makes a striker because you played for Dog & Duck XI in the 80s, so why not.

eurogrecian

Very sad, but rather typical of our times: Colchester sneak in at the dead of night and when safely out of town, bravely post an anonymous tweet with their faces artistically blotted out. Their Mum’s must be very proud...

Anyway, thanks to the RL for all they’ve done. Their like will rise again. 💪

UTC

Legohead

Banned
Yes that's fair enough. I agree that large proponents of European ultras are in fact a load of nutcases. If someone broke into their clubs stadium and nicked their pride and joy then I don't doubt there'd be some claret flying about somewhere soon after.

I have absolutely no idea whether the code they stick by is the same as the one the RL stick by and whilst i'm not saying the RL should head over to Essex with a suitcase full of various nunchakus at the earliest opportunity, I can't help thinking that the codes must be different in some way.