• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not the current slim line model though
Shirley that was unmistakable profile of Sums back in harness again yesterday ? Or if not certainly a passable imitation !

Colesman Ballz

Or Athena in all of her diaphonous white stilettoed glory?
Might be long gone, but it seems definitely not forgotten, hey G2K !

ex_user1234

Resigned
There were a few candidates that mentioned the Red Legion in their manifestos. Could they step up the plate and get a new organisation going?
I would much, much prefer that the Red Legion continue as I think they do a fantastic job, but I'm prepared to step up if needs be.

Grecian Max

But what’s stopping people having flags, with OUR Crest, ECFC? And red and white flags. No group has a monopoly on flags. I love seeing flags, scarfs, the colours. One Club, for all of us. None of this has to change. RL gone? Fine. Replace with ECFC. ONE Crest, one Club, one football family.
The whole point of a group is that this sort of thing actually takes organisation. It’s a focal point. If it hadn’t have been formed we wouldn’t have had the numbers we did at our peak as everyone in the bank just goes with their mates. It’s hard work sorting displays. Fair play if it’s done. Didn’t happen before RL (siege thing has same people involved).

Grecian2K

Might be long gone, but it seems definitely not forgotten, hey G2K !
Hate to admit in, but she had her good points!

grecIAN Harris

I don't pretend to have any kind of knowledge of this Ultra's Code that Max and a couple of others have referred to earlier but I genuinely could not believe that this lot,
(it's Panathanikos Gate 13 Ultra's, would disband in the way the Red Legion have over a flag. Go out and gain revenge for it happening (and I'm not condoning the violence that would probably happen in doing so) but fold? Really? Or this lot,
, ultr ASLAN from Galatasaray doing the same. Probably the same rules apply with Gate 13.

CityTillIDie

Are the members of the RL done with the whole thing all together then? Even if a new group emerged would you not all be joining??

i8cornwall

Are the members of the RL done with the whole thing all together then? Even if a new group emerged would you not all be joining??
Can only speak on a personal level here but I would join any new group and help out with everything I’ve learnt over the last 4 years but I wouldn’t go into as full on as I did with the RL.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listen, its over, they've disbanded, they're respecting the code and fair play for doing that. Its already been made clear on here by members of the RL that if someone wants to start a new group under a new name then they're more than welcome and obviously a number of the old red legion would be happy to join because thats what they enjoy. Perhaps not all the old crowd would join a new group but a new group would attract new members anyway. Its done, but its not forgotten, move on and hope some other lads have the same passion and energy and time to create something new.

GJW

The whole point of a group is that this sort of thing actually takes organisation. It’s a focal point. If it hadn’t have been formed we wouldn’t have had the numbers we did at our peak as everyone in the bank just goes with their mates. It’s hard work sorting displays. Fair play if it’s done. Didn’t happen before RL (siege thing has same people involved).
i don’t disagree with one word of that my friend, but you do not need to brand or re-brand yourself to have the same effect on the terraces. You can still form a group and continue to organise, but in the name of the Club. You can be the same people, with the same enthusiasm for your football club and still meet the same objectives on a match day. I tell you now, the only brand you need is already there for you. Just keep the involvement and commitment going for the Club. It’s great.