• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A conundrum Exeter City v Stevenage Tuesday 21 January Kick off 7.00 p.m.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
To go or not to go?

Downsides
Early Kick off, lack of atmosphere, the competiton

Upside
Cheap to watch, chance to see the future of ECFC, Quarter final of a national competition, personally it is an opportunity to see Stevenage this season as I am at a wedding when we play them in February (inconsiderate so and so)

Importance of match
Potentially two matches away from Wembley and chance to win a bit of national silverware. £50,000 prize money up for grabs.

Despite the upsides and financial importance still undecided about going.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d go. It’s a city team and we support city. If we progress and the next round is near me I’ll be there like a shot. And I’ll definitely be at Wembley should we get there.

Matt Russell

The players want you there, the manager wants you there and the more of "you" there, the better the atmosphere.

i8cornwall

I won’t be going again and strongly urge others not to attend either.

It will be interesting to see how many people do attend, I’m hoping the game against Ipswich was a one off and the trend of a low crowd continues but think I will sadly be wrong.

IndoMike

To go or not to go?

Downsides
Early Kick off, lack of atmosphere, the competiton

Upside
Cheap to watch, chance to see the future of ECFC, Quarter final of a national competition, personally it is an opportunity to see Stevenage this season as I am at a wedding when we play them in February (inconsiderate so and so)

Importance of match
Potentially two matches away from Wembley and chance to win a bit of national silverware. £50,000 prize money up for grabs.

Despite the upsides and financial importance still undecided about going.
Think City should big this match up a bit, although it's not an easy sell..Considering that the attendance v Ipswich was boosted by 500 Ipswich fans and that Stevenage will bring 3 men and a dog we need another 500 City fans in to at least match the last one.
Another 50k quid would come in very handy

budegrecian

Whilst I share the sceticism of the tournament, I have to say I really enjoyed the Ipswich game. So go & support your team & enjoy how promising our young talent is.

Legohead

Banned
Matt Russell raises a thought provoking appeal and put like that it does start to make sense as an Exeter fan, but i'm with i8cornwall. It's a joke competition and even if I could get I wouldn't out of principle. I'd be a hypocrite if I attended any game in the competition, including the final.

Dannyred

Will it be on I follow ?

IndoMike

It needs all the club's to agree not to participate to invoke change.
Meanwhile we're stuck with it. It does have advantages as already stated many times :
(for us) minimum 120k income, chance to give the young 'uns more competitive practice, chance to gauge their suitability for the first team, involving benchsitters and recovering players. It's just the fact that it's led by the PL that is a p*ss off.

Steve H

No conundrum for me - City are playing so I'll be there to support them...