• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Social media presence

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any chance of quietly letting us know who the new LB is please? We won't tell anyone. ;)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
We do sado masochism at the club?? 😱It wouldnt hurt to keep that quiet.
Thought people who are into that like it to hurt Geoff! 😂😂

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Any chance of quietly letting us know who the new LB is please? We won't tell anyone. ;)
Ooh. Is that a cheeky "Hants Hint" there?

jrg333

So You don’t cover any of the Exeter City women’s team matches or interview them then, Men Only is not what this club should be solely focusing on with its family club image.
Not more than about 20 people in the entire county care about the women's team. I think it's fair that media coverage reflects that. If there's ever a choice between allocating resources to the men's or youth team versus the women's team, I can guarantee that 99.9% of us would prefer the coverage to follow the men's team.

It's okay that you seem to have an obsession with the women's team (presumably due to a family tie), but you can't try and bully others into accepting your interests. The only I time I ever read stories about women's football is when some hack journalist has baited me in with an ambiguous headline like 'Chelsea sign Italian striker on a free' only for me to click and realise it's a story about women's football. We are simply not interested in watching sub-standard football. The youth teams I played for would beat the women's team. I watch football to be inspired, not to think "I could do better than that, even at my age."

Not trying to be cruel here. You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about the women's team - I'm just trying to point out that you are an exception rather than a rule in terms of City fans.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ooh. Is that a cheeky "Hants Hint" there?
Worth a try, might catch them off guard and they reveal all. Tried it on the coaching team last Thursday evening but to no avail.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not more than about 20 people in the entire county care about the women's team. I think it's fair that media coverage reflects that. If there's ever a choice between allocating resources to the men's or youth team versus the women's team, I can guarantee that 99.9% of us would prefer the coverage to follow the men's team.

It's okay that you seem to have an obsession with the women's team (presumably due to a family tie), but you can't try and bully others into accepting your interests. The only I time I ever read stories about women's football is when some hack journalist has baited me in with an ambiguous headline like 'Chelsea sign Italian striker on a free' only for me to click and realise it's a story about women's football. We are simply not interested in watching sub-standard football. The youth teams I played for would beat the women's team. I watch football to be inspired, not to think "I could do better than that, even at my age."

Not trying to be cruel here. You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about the women's team - I'm just trying to point out that you are an exception rather than a rule in terms of City fans.
You're wrong about the level of interest.

Can we please not make this thread about Women's football, the standard, etc. Otherwise you might find that Exeweb gets switched off forever.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're wrong about the level of interest.

Can we please not make this thread about Women's football, the standard, etc. Otherwise you might find that Exeweb gets switched off forever.
Echo this.

Dannyred

You lost early doors, England lionesses semi final World Cup match had the highest tv audience of 2019. Over 78,000 for a friendly in November but as you say no interest in women’s football 😂

Spoonz Red E

Social media isn't finite. A tweet or post on one aspect of ECFC doesn't mean another needs to get dropped.
We've got a very good media team here and Scott's made his offer to Dannyred.
I look forward to the outcome.
(y)(y) all round.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Social media isn't finite. A tweet or post on one aspect of ECFC doesn't mean another needs to get dropped.
We've got a very good media team here and Scott's made his offer to Dannyred.
I look forward to the outcome.
(y)(y) all round.
Aye, was glad to see Scott and Dannyred's exchange. It is all too easy on a forum to assume what someone is like and extrapolate incorrectly from simple text exchanges. Dannyred is an incredible supporter and absolutely not aggressive at all - despite his, erm, passionate posting style!