• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Cricket 2020

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Valuable skills as long as your keepers, slips and gullies can hold the edges.
I tended to field in the gully or saving one, having no throwing arm, which made it inadvisable to put me in the outfield. I remember one game when, unusually, we had a bowler who was pretty quick, at least by our standards. On this occasion I was put at second slip, the skipper presumably thinking that I might catch anything that came my way. Why he would have thought that, I can't imagine. In the end, nothing much found the edge at all. What a relief that was.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
My club Sandford have announced the Singing of Timycen Maruna today as our overseas player this summer he’s a Zimbabwean international and has played ODI & Twenty20 cricket and has just been re called for the rest series against Sri Lanka...

He scored 700+ Runs and took 30+
Wickets for Cherry Tree CC in the UK last summer (up north)

Bet he won’t be paying his £8 match fee like
The rest of us 😀

Colesman Ballz

My club Sandford have announced the Singing of Timycen Maruna today as our overseas player this summer he’s a Zimbabwean international and has played ODI & Twenty20 cricket and has just been re called for the rest series against Sri Lanka...

He scored 700+ Runs and took 30+
Wickets for Cherry Tree CC in the UK last summer (up north)

Bet he won’t be paying his £8 match fee like
The rest of us 😀
Is he a bass, baritone or a tenor ? You should have signed Jack Leach, he has no problem putting his hand in his pocket when turning out for a Club side ! Lol.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't heard yet whether we're getting an overseas player - ours don't tend to be quite in the same league as Zimbabwe internationals and the like, they're usually youngsters from a club in Australia with whom we have links (I think one of our players spent a winter over there a few years back).

CREDYGRECIAN

We’ve had a few Zimbabwe international lads - Doug Hondo & Prince (forget his surname) both before..they tend to be nice blokes

We had Faisal Iqbal Pakistan international a couple seasons ago....

CREDYGRECIAN

Prince Masuarve our ex overseas scored 50
Opening against Sri Lanka this week

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I was confirmed as 3s skipper the other week at our AGM. FFS, etc.

We're getting an Aussie overseas player albeit not from our usual club, instead he's from Sydney.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
We’ve had a few Zimbabwe international lads - Doug Hondo & Prince (forget his surname) both before..they tend to be nice blokes

We had Faisal Iqbal Pakistan international a couple seasons ago....
The Zimbabweans like a night out ;)

Had a couple of lovely experiences the company of Brendan Taylor. I also know Mark Dekker fairly well, and some of the stories he tells make Taylor look like a kindergarten kid. :ROFLMAO:

manc grecian

What's the form with Girls playing mens cricket? I don't have a problem with it but if they play surely they shouldn't be treated any differently?

Sidey's back

What's the form with Girls playing mens cricket? I don't have a problem with it but if they play surely they shouldn't be treated any differently?
I think it's a positive thing. In my experience they don't expect any special treatment. However the parents sometimes feel differently - which doesn't help anyone.