• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the type of clubs who will be interested in Ollie won’t be paying 25-30
Million I may well be wrong

I’d imagine he would be a target for clubs in and around the middle of the PL - he wouldn’t be a target for the big clubs and I’d imagine 15-20 million would be a very fair price and you’ve also got to consider Brentford who are a small club at that level wouldn’t fetch the type of fee like a Leeds or West Brom May for example
That's such a patronising thing to say, Why? Because Brentford aren't fashionable? He is way above most of the players of the clubs you mention, Have you watched him play on TV, He's had more MOM than I care to remember. You are doing him a disservice and a typical PL fan who looks down on the rest of the leagues players unless they sign for Liverpool

Ash

I think the type of clubs who will be interested in Ollie won’t be paying 25-30
Million I may well be wrong

I’d imagine he would be a target for clubs in and around the middle of the PL - he wouldn’t be a target for the big clubs and I’d imagine 15-20 million would be a very fair price and you’ve also got to consider Brentford who are a small club at that level wouldn’t fetch the type of fee like a Leeds or West Brom May for example
What a load of carp

IndoMike

Ollie would also have marketing value as a good-looking young chappie.

grecIAN Harris

That's such a patronising thing to say, Why? Because Brentford aren't fashionable? He is way above most of the players of the clubs you mention, Have you watched him play on TV, He's had more MOM than I care to remember. You are doing him a disservice and a typical PL fan who looks down on the rest of the leagues players unless they sign for Liverpool
Given how well Ollie has performed in a couple of different positions up front over the last couple of season he could quite easily go to any club from sixth downward in the Premier League with the exception of Spurs and Arsenal and he will go for a minimum of £20 million. Strikers are worth their weight in gold and Ollie has now started to add a proper poachers element to his game this season that he didn't have with us. You wouldn't have seen him getting the goal he scored yesterday with us and you wouldn't have seen him doing it too often last season for Brentford.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Not at all....he’s a very good player no doubt and yeah I’ve seen him play many times for Exeter and Brentford

I just don’t think the big clubs will go for him because he wouldn’t be better than what they already have and that will naturally affect the fees the clubs interested would be likely to pay I’m not doing him a disservice at all because that doesn’t take away anything from his talent

The fact of life in football is some players are in the “top top bracket” and others are “very good” it takes a long long time to get into the top bracket and Ollie hasn’t even played in the PL yet and many strikers who bang goals in at championship level don’t score goals at PL level , look at Dwight Gayle or Charlie Austin or Patrick Bamford for example all of them get regular goals in the championship yet have never done it consistently or with regularity in the league above.....

It’s no given Ollie goes into the PL and scores 20 a season....

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
What a load of carp
Time will tell

DB9

Given how well Ollie has performed in a couple of different positions up front over the last couple of season he could quite easily go to any club from sixth downward in the Premier League with the exception of Spurs and Arsenal and he will go for a minimum of £20 million. Strikers are worth their weight in gold and Ollie has now started to add a proper poachers element to his game this season that he didn't have with us. You wouldn't have seen him getting the goal he scored yesterday with us and you wouldn't have seen him doing it too often last season for Brentford.
Again you're excluding the "Big Teams" why do that? He has shown he can play in different position quite comfortably and is big and strong and takes no prisoners. Ryan Sessegnon signed for Spurs, Why can't Ollie sign for a big club? I'm not saying he will but just to dismiss the top six out of hand is just wrong. The PL has signed so many foriegn journeymen who have turned out pants but here we have a real home grown talent who i think could do really well in the PL but no because he's British and come up through the leagues ain't "Worthy Enough" to sign for a big club

DB9

Not at all....he’s a very good player no doubt and yeah I’ve seen him play many times for Exeter and Brentford

I just don’t think the big clubs will go for him because he wouldn’t be better than what they already have and that will naturally affect the fees the clubs interested would be likely to pay I’m not doing him a disservice at all because that doesn’t take away anything from his talent

The fact of life in football is some players are in the “top top bracket” and others are “very good” it takes a long long time to get into the top bracket and Ollie hasn’t even played in the PL yet and many strikers who bang goals in at championship level don’t score goals at PL level , look at Dwight Gayle or Charlie Austin or Patrick Bamford for example all of them get regular goals in the championship yet have never done it consistently or with regularity in the league above.....

It’s no given Ollie goes into the PL and scores 20 a season....
No its not, 20 goals a season in the PL is damn hard going but you're dismissing him out of hand because he hasn't come in straight to a big club, I know its a while back but Ian Wright worked his way up and was a top, top player in the PL with Aresnal, Ollie is only 24 and i think he is the most exciting player outside of the PL we've seen in a while. The players you mentioned haven't done it totally agree with you but you know sometimes a player comes along who might just be better than them and i'd like to think Ollie is

Corey

Another example is Dan James. Only broke through into the Swansea first team last year yet Man Utd still bought him for £15m and now he plays regularly for them. Surely Ollie would demand a higher fee than that considering he has proved himself over a longer period of time and scored far more goals.

grecIAN Harris

Again you're excluding the "Big Teams" why do that? He has shown he can play in different position quite comfortably and is big and strong and takes no prisoners. Ryan Sessegnon signed for Spurs, Why can't Ollie sign for a big club? I'm not saying he will but just to dismiss the top six out of hand is just wrong. The PL has signed so many foriegn journeymen who have turned out pants but here we have a real home grown talent who i think could do really well in the PL but no because he's British and come up through the leagues ain't "Worthy Enough" to sign for a big club
Because money talks and both Arsenal and Spurs will go out and spend massive money on ready made 'stars', it's what their fanbase demands. If Poch had still been in charge at Spurs I might have been inclined not to include them. And you're on about the rest of the 'top six', do you think Ollie would get in in front of Liverpools front three? Do you think he would get in in front of Rashford, Martial and the emerging Greenwood and James at United (although to be fair to Ollie, Solskjaer that is, he might be the one to take a punt on our Ollie in the 'big 6')? Do you think he would get in in front of Chelseas front line options? And there ain't no way hope in hell he would get in at City. It's realism. When he moves up and if he continues to prove himself then his time will come with one of them but he isn't going to go from Brentford to a top six club. If he did, he could end up like Amps is at the moment. Treading water being loaned out.