• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Denly's dropped catch off Williamson's gentle lob is likely to feature in cricket "bloopers" videos for many a long year ! Shocking !
Fair play to Archer for laughing it off, particularly as he had set off celebrating a wicket after seeing it loop towards the hapless fielder, only to turn around and find it had been dropped.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Denly's dropped catch off Williamson's gentle lob is likely to feature in cricket "bloopers" videos for many a long year ! Shocking !
Fair play to Archer for laughing it off, particularly as he had set off celebrating a wicket after seeing it loop towards the hapless fielder, only to turn around and find it had been dropped.
Here it is in all it glory :)

IndoMike

Haha ha. I think Root reads exeweb and thought "I'll show that wp fekker" 😂
Joe Root : scorer of runs that don't mean anything

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch - I've dropped a few dollies in my time but can't recall one *quite* as easy as that. I was listening to TMS when it happened, the atmosphere was almost funereal on the pitch afterwards.

The thing is, when the ball loops over in slow motion like that, there's a little voice in your head that says "Go on, drop it, just for a laugh".

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Root : scorer of runs that don't mean anything
Well, aside from four arguably match-winning innings in Tests in just over a year.

IndoMike

Well, aside from four arguably match-winning innings in Tests in just over a year.
I'll check that out.

IndoMike

Can't find his individual Test innings stats.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

IndoMike

Thanks for that. I'll check through it later today.
It just seems to me that he scores really big in one or two innings per series but then often gets out before getting a 50. I know he can't plan that but it would be great if he could score a total of 100 -120 per test. I guess I'm saying he needs to be more consistent. The double century yesterday of course was good, but in effect the game was heading for a draw so I think that score artificially lifts his average whilst not really achieving much at all.
I see Pope and Burns are being touted for the SA Series. Obviously Root will continue in the team. I agree that there are not many options

geoffwp

Bob Willis. One hell of a bowler, as 8 for 43 against the Aussies at Headingley will always be a testament of. Gone far too soon. Great shame.