• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
England managing 277 before their customary collapse, was a pointer to just how docile this pitch is. They then go 83.2 overs (500 balls ! ) to claim their 7th wicket !
That must surely be some sort of record ?

Colesman Ballz

On this pitch, Jack Leach coming out as night watchman, must have fancied his chances of getting a century tomorrow. Sadly he was out to a "wonder" catch to bring play to a close with England on 55-3. They will need to bat out tomorrow to get the draw, and score another 205 runs to avoid an innings defeat.

Alistair20000

I fear we is fooked in this one. :cry:

geoffwp

Do you not see us batting out the day Al? It will certainly be a marker as to whether the fragile temperament we have become so used to has been improved or not. I read that England were working on a plan to win the ashes back!! Then i saw what the aussies did to Pakistan, absolute destruction. Working on a plan now sounds like an empty sound bite.

Alistair20000

Do you not see us batting out the day Al? It will certainly be a marker as to whether the fragile temperament we have become so used to has been improved or not. I read that England were working on a plan to win the ashes back!! Then i saw what the aussies did to Pakistan, absolute destruction. Working on a plan now sounds like an empty sound bite.
Sadly Geoffrey I do not see us holding out if there is a full day but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

geoffwp

Umm, can any of you cricket chaps confirm that the english media reckon Joe Root is a world class player??!!🧐 If so, any idea which world?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Umm, can any of you cricket chaps confirm that the english media reckon Joe Root is a world class player??!!🧐 If so, any idea which world?
Test batting average of close to 48 which is not too shabby but that shot he got out to was awful.

geoffwp

It was and just when a captains innings was needed.

Alistair20000

It was and just when a captains innings was needed.
Yep. Up to Ben Stokes yet again.

Colesman Ballz

England 161-8 at tea, still trailing by 101 runs, and still a minimum of 32 overs left in the day. The plus sized female will be warming up with a few scales as I type !