• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there an FA Cup highlights show anywhere on TV this evening does anyone know?
Quick Google says BBC 2 Sunday 5-15pm

Legohead

Banned
Quick Google says BBC 2 Sunday 5-15pm
Cheers iscalad. Will have to make do with lunacy VAR decisions and diving footballers then tonight instead on motd.

Stelios

Blimey. You should have been around in 1989-91 in the Beck/Taylor (John)/Dublin (Dion) era when we seemed never able to even buy a win against those varsity graduates of pure hoofball.
Now THAT'S what you would call a "bogey team"!
I have a vague memory of watching us get battered by Cambridge and Dion Dublin at SJP in the early '90s. Did he get a hat trick that day?

Rosencrantz

Cheers iscalad. Will have to make do with lunacy VAR decisions and diving footballers then tonight instead on motd.
FA cup goals seem to be on BBC red button tonight from 10.15. I guess they will be rolling the programme a few times until the early hours.

Stelios

I have a vague memory of watching us get battered by Cambridge and Dion Dublin at SJP in the early '90s. Did he get a hat trick that day?
Hmmmmm. Think my memory is playing tricks on me. Pretty sure I remember seeing Dublin at the Park but doesn't look like he got a hat trick? Found a game we lost 0-5 to them in 1994 when Steve Butler scored all 5 (he doesn't look much like Dion Dublin though :D)

You can re-live all our past glories here: http://www.exetercity-mad.co.uk/head-to-head/exeter-city/vs/cambridge-united/

1990-91 was a good one. Played them 4 times and lost all 4

Last edited:

i8cornwall

I don't quite understand the criticism of Maxted when Bowman goes yet another game as primary striker, misses chances and fails to score.
This! But we all knew Bowman wasn't an out and out goal score when we signed him. Ajose was meant to be this but he has done **** all when he played then got injuried. It's starting to look like make or break in January again!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen the goal, unfortunately Maxted was at fault big time, the ball went right through him.

Great finish by Fisher for our goal, he should be given a run of games.

Rosencrantz

Ouch. That was a "where's my washboard" moment for Johnny.

PeteUSA

Just seen the goal, unfortunately Maxted was at fault big time, the ball went right through him.

Well stop having a dig at me then about my goalkeeping attributes before you see the goal!

Oldsmobile-88

How many Grecians do you reckon are there Olds?
179 the official figure.