• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The referee was crap no doubt?

denzel

I have had two emails about the replay from the club, but neither mention the price. Any ideas?

Grecian2K

Feel like a loss. Should of had a pen at 1up. Hay ho! Still in cup. Few extra quid. Unlucky. City played well.
Nice one Rog.

What is your hoped for ETA back in God's fairest City btw (bearing in mind the Notwork Rail have chosen this week to sever all connections through Taunton?

Whatever, I admire and salute your fortitude and enthusiasm for bravely making the long, long trek.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have had two emails about the replay from the club, but neither mention the price. Any ideas?
Looking at tickets online, £15 BB, £20 IP.

Legohead

Banned
I'm beginning to dislike Cambridge.

We have a second bite at the cherry and we are at home so IMO nothing less than progression to the 2nd round will be acceptable now.

What else can i say. Really disappointed.

Credit to the travelling fans today.

Grecian2K

I'm beginning to dislike Cambridge.
Blimey. You should have been around in 1989-91 in the Beck/Taylor (John)/Dublin (Dion) era when we seemed never able to even buy a win against those varsity graduates of pure hoofball.
Now THAT'S what you would call a "bogey team"![/QUOTE]

Legohead

Banned
Not much excitement at Cambridge : a measly 2000 fans
A combination of a number of factors I feel. The fact that we played them only a month or so ago. The fact that we are in the same league and it's a uninspiring draw. THE fact that it's the FA Cup and for some really strange reason in cup games a lot of fans who go every week in the league due to having a season ticket don't seem to want to pay out to go. Stupid ticket prices. Which may explain the reason before that.

Legohead

Banned
Blimey. You should have been around in 1989-91 in the Beck/Taylor (John)/Dublin (Dion) era when we seemed never able to even buy a win against those varsity graduates of pure hoofball.
Now THAT'S what you would call a "bogey team"!
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

They had decent players then though. They're total carp these days.

Grecian2K

[They had decent players then though.
So did we! !! Arguably one of the finest City squads ever.

Spoonz Red E

Still in.
FA Cup game under the floodlights.
Lovely.

If it had been a league game I'd be mad at dropping 2 points so all's good ...