• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seen enough and voted today....good luck to all

Pete Martin (CTID)

TRUST BOARD ELECTION 2019
Voting for the candidates in this year's election closes at 7pm on Saturday 9th November.

Use your vote and make sure you vote by then. You can put your ballot paper in the box in either the Club Shop or the Bars at St James Park or send to the Returning Officer at the address on your voting paper.

Voting papers sent by post MUST be received by the Returning Officer by the closing date. You are recommended to use FIRST CLASS MAIL only to ensure your ballot paper is received by the closing date.

David Treharne

I would urge all members to look at the papers for this years AGM. I would especially ask people to view ahead of the meeting (and with regard to members who are unable to attend to obtain proxy votes) since there are a couple of potentially contentious motions that will be discussed. I also think that the time allocated during the meeting is insufficient to allow proper discussion of them. If others are minded that they share this view, I would propose that we attempt to either ask for them to be discussed at an EGM, or a meeting called by the Trust Board to discuss them. I think that they have the potential to alter the way in which the Trust conducts its business.

Nigel E

I would urge all members to look at the papers for this years AGM. I would especially ask people to view ahead of the meeting (and with regard to members who are unable to attend to obtain proxy votes) since there are a couple of potentially contentious motions that will be discussed.
Not sure the wording of this motion is very wise, especially during the course of a General Election:

"The Exeter City Supporters Trust welcomes the recent announcement by the Labour Party to give fans a much greater say in how their clubs are run and its pledge to ensure that the Premier League invests 5% of the income it receives for television rights into grassroots football to improve facilities and pitches and support the next generation of players and coaches. The Trust calls upon any future Government to undertake these pledges".

I actually agree with the sentiment (and have been known to vote Labour) but it could be easily reported as aligning the Trust with a particular party which could be off-putting for some. Better if it was worded in a way that de-politicised it - something like:

"The Exeter City Supporters Trust believes that the Premier League should invest more of the income it receives for television rights into grassroots football to improve facilities and pitches and support the next generation of players and coaches. The Trust calls upon the next Government to press the Premier League to do so."

AL_Yates

Not sure the wording of this motion is very wise, especially during the course of a General Election:

"The Exeter City Supporters Trust welcomes the recent announcement by the Labour Party to give fans a much greater say in how their clubs are run and its pledge to ensure that the Premier League invests 5% of the income it receives for television rights into grassroots football to improve facilities and pitches and support the next generation of players and coaches. The Trust calls upon any future Government to undertake these pledges".

I actually agree with the sentiment (and have been known to vote Labour) but it could be easily reported as aligning the Trust with a particular party which could be off-putting for some. Better if it was worded in a way that de-politicised it - something like:

"The Exeter City Supporters Trust believes that the Premier League should invest more of the income it receives for television rights into grassroots football to improve facilities and pitches and support the next generation of players and coaches. The Trust calls upon the next Government to press the Premier League to do so."
The Trust since its inception has been apolitical and should remain as such. Whom in the Trust is reviewing these motions?

AL_Yates

Hi all,

Just been reviewing the Trust pack well done the Trust members and revenues have grown slightly up from 3393 to 3437, The Junior Grecians will have made an impact I am sure. Funding has grown from roughly £147k to £161k. Interesting to see the split in fund raising is heavily from subs and only £16k from other areas. The loans the club owe the Trust amount to £829,968 and the Trust has a sensible amount of cash in the bank. A good base but opportunities to do much more. The average contribution is just under £50 per year per member. Would like to review some of the costs, but that is not for now. I trust this information is useful for transparency.

Have a look on the trust website.

UTC

Al

Colesman Ballz

The Trust since its inception has been apolitical and should remain as such. Whom in the Trust is reviewing these motions?
Totally agree re the Trust being apolitical, and clearly this is something that requires putting in the Constitution. As to reviewing motions put forward, I am not sure that this can be done as it is every members right to put forward a proposal given the required backing. It is only for the membership to decide on whether it is appropriate, you simply cannot have the Trust Board controlling the Agenda. The controversial proposal to end Tisdale's rolling contract is a case in point, as the Trust board was certainly not in favour. but were forced to carry out the members instructions.

Spoonz Red E

Responses to 15 written questions from 6 of the 8 candidates are here on the Trust site as PDFs.
They say the other 2 will be added soon

And the hustings video is here

Spoonz Red E

I take your point on the perils of politicising but I think that you've actually gone beyond that and neutered some of the intent with your rewrite.

I would leave in both of
'give fans a much greater say in how their clubs are run'

and the specific
"invests 5% of the income it receives for television rights into grassroots football to improve facilities and pitches and support the next generation of players and coaches"

as a marker.

The 'greater say' is important.
The weaker phrase 'more of the income it receives'' could be satisfied with a one off bung or a relative pittance from the Premier League and no ongoing structural change.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
Thanks for putting the video up Spoonz. Interesting viewing. I've made my votes and posted it off so that's me done. Best of luck to all.