• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle official matchday thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is he PeteUSA in disguise?
Perhaps he is our Pate ?

Grecian2K

Perhaps he is our Pate ?
Don't think so.
No mention of either glove- or whistle-manship.

Alistair20000

Don't think so.
No mention of either glove- or whistle-manship.
Ah yes. Good points.

Spoonz Red E

Was the "nasty bobble" the one on the top of the gr**n and white wooly hat that his mumsy knitted for him especially for the match?
As he hasn't worked out his excuses for the third and fourth goals other than we 'hit them on the counter' (despite them being pressed deep inside their own half) I'll have a go.

The third goal.
The ball cannons off several City players legs and feet before falling to Randall Williams who was twenty yards offside and just as he was blasting the ball well over the stand a seagull's fart kept it down and pushed it into the net.

The fourth goal
Jake Taylor's weak shot was going well wide until it caught onto a spiders web trailing from the post, slingshotting it back to Nicky Law who is first to the ball because the Argyle defenders have been told to 'look out for bobbles'.

IndoMike

There's a knuckle dragger on Pasoti now claiming that "the second goal was a fluke. It took a clear deflection..."
Yes "TonyD", the cross did take a "clear deflection" - off Tom Parkes' head and into the net.
And if you couldn't even see that from "20 metres" away I seriously suggest that an urgent appointment at Specsavers is in order.
Oh, and PS. What were you doing 20 metres away? The BIG Bank is, and always will be, a designated area for home fans, not Janners.
What does the D in Tony D stand for?
Dumbo?
Deluded?
Dimwit?

IndoMike

Watching the 360 coverage is a pleasure : a big thank you to all involved in making it.

As an expat who can seldom get back to watch City, it brought a tear to.my eye seeing my fellow Exonians lapping it up against the Green Slime. Great atmosphere, great fans, great ground, great team!
PS. Sorry for being a bit sloppy, but it's true.

Spoonz Red E

What does the D in Tony D stand for?
Dumbo?
Deluded?
Dimwit?
I'll plump for 'Doh!'

Spoonz Red E
The E stands for Exeter - it doesn't stand for EnnyNonsenseFromArgyleSupporters :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 50/50 is still unclaimed. £855 available if you have ticket number 39235.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well my Devon Derby record is now P2 W2 F7 A0. I promise not to leave it another 26 years before my next one.

What an atmosphere (my throat is just about better now, and my knees won't thank me for all the bouncing), the players responded in kind.

My MOM was Collins, who seemed to play a lot more advanced than I've previously seen and was rewarded with a fine assist for Williams' goal. Special mention also for Woodman, who I thought was immense throughout, you wouldn't have known he hadn't featured for ages. He may be in his late 50s but he can still put in a shift.

Also a mention for the ref, who clearly knows how to ref derbies. He could easily have gone to his book in the first couple of minutes when Sweeney (I think) had about three goes at their player, but chose instead to calm things down and have a quiet word. That set the tone for what was then a feisty, competitive match played in the right spirit - the way it should be. A less able ref could easily have lost control.