• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rugby World Cup 2019

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
But both were doing it so bodes well for us I think , we will be too strong.
I'm always a bit cautious, Banksy. Things can always go wrong when you least expect. It looks like we should win, but upsets happen all the time.

I hear that we've had to bring in a replacement for Heinze at scrum half. The replacement is very inexperienced. If Youngs should get injured early on that would be a bit of a problem.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm always a bit cautious, Banksy. Things can always go wrong when you least expect. It looks like we should win, but upsets happen all the time.

I hear that we've had to bring in a replacement for Heinze at scrum half. The replacement is very inexperienced. If Youngs should get injured early on that would be a bit of a problem.
Spencer is a decent player but it's a bit close to matchday for a flight to Japan. Also SA will struggle if they lose their scrum half to an early injury.

Banksy

Spencer is a decent player but it's a bit close to matchday for a flight to Japan. Also SA will struggle if they lose their scrum half to an early injury.
De Klerk is a lively little perisher isn’t he! Wouldn’t wish injury on him though . Thought it was funny when he squared up to that massive Welsh player twice his size with a big cheeky grin on his face.

IndoMike

De Klerk is a lively little perisher isn’t he! Wouldn’t wish injury on him though . Thought it was funny when he squared up to that massive Welsh player twice his size with a big cheeky grin on his face.
I noticed that cheeky grin, too. He might not have been grinning so much if it had happened down a back alley.

elginCity

I wouldn't underestimate the pocket rocket. :)

IndoMike

Garces referee for WC Final.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
For reasons entirely personal (and which I am unable/unwilling to divulge in public), I shall be cheering SA on this Saturday.

IndoMike

For reasons entirely personal (and which I am unable/unwilling to divulge in public), I shall be cheering SA on this Saturday.
Who was she?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
England have been fined a couple of grand because someone trod over the halfway line whilst facing NZ,s haka.

Sometimes I despair.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
England have been fined a couple of grand because someone trod over the halfway line whilst facing NZ,s haka.

Sometimes I despair.
On their 1972-73 tour of the British Isles, the All Blacks didn't do the haka at all until the last game - the famous one against the Barbarians at Cardiff. So at that time they didn't regard it as a sacred ritual which must be carried out at all costs, to be regarded with awe by their cowed opponents.

Next time we should retaliate by insisting on doing a Morris Dance, and see how they like that.