• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Steve Perryman book

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Typical Perryman garbage:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
With sincere apologies if I'm wrong but was his life not saved at SJP one dark day ?

You would think that might count for something in his memories.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't you think "hostility" is a bit OTT Elgy ? I am not really seeing that from this thread.
Not at all, Al, think it an apt word. I should dust off your dictionary and look it up !

IndoMike

Cancel

IndoMike

Cancel

Rosencrantz

Then Perryman should know better. you cant be friends with the person at some point you're inevitably going to sack.

I'm thinking Stevie boy was a huge part of the reason Paul was a stubborn man.
I don't think Perryman had the power to sack any of our managers. That would be a boardroom and Trust decision as showed when the Trust served notice on Tis' contract following the motion in the AGM.

If you have a close working relationship with someone, friendship in a possibility. Although Perryman was titled director of football, in effect he was an advisor/mentor both to Tis (and Eamo and Alex before) and the board on football matters. They were both close to Taggy who took a different decision at the end of it all as City is and always has been his club to support.

At the end of the day relations break down, sometimes amicably, sometimes acrimoniously. This is the second of those options and the sores are still there for a lot of supporters as shown by the threads. It takes two sides to be acrimonious, and a blindness to see why the other side might feel the way they do. In that way, long term bitterness lay, and does neither side any good as the ability to move on clearly is comprised as those past feelings will still inform your view.

Sorry, I know I could have said just chill and move on 🙂

Alistair20000

Not at all, Al, think it an apt word. I should dust off your dictionary and look it up !
Depends on which dictionary and which meaning one selects.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen Perryman in Greendale Farm Shop. He bought a lot of meat.

denzel

Just seen Perryman in Greendale Farm Shop. He bought a lot of meat.
So he still has a beef with us 😆

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So he still has a beef with us 😆
I thought he'd moved away