• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Predict our FA Cup Opponents

budegrecian

At least it's a chance for City to reverse Saturdays awful result
& I'm sure we will.
May not turn out as bad as we currently think it is.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not an exciting draw, but it'll do. We can go up there and stuff 'em this time.

Corey

Hope we proper go for the FA Cup this time. IIRC last time we fielded a bit of a second string XI vs Blackpool

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd take a replay. At least there won't be any complacency.

I'd love a good cup run, I used to love the FA Cup, Tisdale destroyed that.

We need to take the competition very seriously, a good run could chuck a million pounds plus into the bank account.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope we proper go for the FA Cup this time. IIRC last time we fielded a bit of a second string XI vs Blackpool
Yes I don't get why lower league clubs do that, we bemoan our lack of budget etc yet a good cup run could pretty much pay for the bulk of our playing budget for a season.

exeter-loyal

I'd take a replay. At least there won't be any complacency.

I'd love a good cup run, I used to love the FA Cup, Tisdale destroyed that.

We need to take the competition very seriously, a good run could chuck a million pounds plus into the bank account.
I think it will be the sort of game were go and win.

Get to the second round draw someone at home then get a biggie home or away in the 3rd. Will be happy with that. £££££

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the few mistakes that MT made last season.
Not a great draw against Blackpool especially with their lack of travelling supporters at the time,but it was a home tie which should have been our advantage,which was nullified by the changes.

exeter-loyal

One of the few mistakes that MT made last season.
Not a great draw against Blackpool especially with their lack of travelling supporters at the time,but it was a home tie which should have been our advantage,which was nullified by the changes.
Agreed, even though if Jake Taylor I think it was that got that shot blocked right at the end nearly took us to a replay out of nothing.

Stelios

Yes I don't get why lower league clubs do that, we bemoan our lack of budget etc yet a good cup run could pretty much pay for the bulk of our playing budget for a season.
It's horrible seeing League 1 and 2 sides fielding weaker line ups

I really enjoyed watching Newport on the TV games last season. Would love to do something similar.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's horrible seeing League 1 and 2 sides fielding weaker line ups
Mad...Even though the FAC in the early rounds is a circus these days(the 1st round draw ffs,just get on with it !) it is decent prize money for winning a round,that should concentrate minds as much as any potential glory.