• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City Matchday Thread

exeter-loyal

Good pictures of the fans from yesterday.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure about a Newport fan but someone who will struggle to have any career in football reporting if he mistakes Jayden Richardson for Lee Martin like he does towards the end of his report 🙈.
Yes his reporting leaves a lot to be desired, but he did make one very valid observation, namely why on a "scorching" day, did we play in the new third kit with the black shirts, which of course absorb the heat. Maybe this resulted in a degree of heat fatigue, resulting in us not being able to finish the match in our customary barn storming manner ? Was it a commercial decision to help with sales ?

Red Devon

Yes his reporting leaves a lot to be desired, but he did make one very valid observation, namely why on a "scorching" day, did we play in the new third kit with the black shirts, which of course absorb the heat. Maybe this resulted in a degree of heat fatigue, resulting in us not being able to finish the match in our customary barn storming manner ? Was it a commercial decision to help with sales ?

It was in the Error on Thursday that we’d be debuting the new kit.

Spoonz Red E

Although black does absorb heat the material is very thin so i wouldn't have thought it would make much difference.
More-so if it were thick black cotton and there was a storage of the absorbed heat.
Then factor in wind, movement and short sleeves.

Plus, Lee Holmes isn't on fire at the moment.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wasn't actually that hot yesterday, it was just that we were sat for two hours in the full force of the sun so absorbed lots of solar radiation. As Spoonz says, I doubt if pitch conditions were that difficult. No-one showed any signs of wilting, no cramp etc. There was the usual exaggerated injury break halfway through each half for water and tactical advice but that was it.

Colesman Ballz

Although black does absorb heat the material is very thin so i wouldn't have thought it would make much difference.
More-so if it were thick black cotton and there was a storage of the absorbed heat.
Then factor in wind, movement and short sleeves.

Plus, Lee Holmes isn't on fire at the moment.
I bow to your superior knowledge on thermo dynamics ! Regarding Lee Holmes, perhaps that gives us the opportunity in the meantime to save a few bob on water bills by cutting back on sprinkler usage ?

Spoonz Red E

I bow to your superior knowledge on thermo dynamics ! Regarding Lee Holmes, perhaps that gives us the opportunity in the meantime to save a few bob on water bills by cutting back on sprinkler usage ?
We don't need sprinklers as long as clubs are tapping up our players.

IndoMike

Black clothing also attracts mosquitos, the number of which I assume is increasing as the UK becomes affected by global warming. Soon there'll be tigers roaming Woodbury Common.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Black clothing also attracts mosquitos, the number of which I assume is increasing as the UK becomes affected by global warming. Soon there'll be tigers roaming Woodbury Common.
Another great American (other than our Pete) advises there is no such thing as global warming. He also thinks Putin is a great guy and North Korea is a great place to go (if only for a few seconds)

IndoMike

Another great American (other than our Pete) advises there is no such thing as global warming. He also thinks Putin is a great guy and North Korea is a great place to go (if only for a few seconds)
Yes. Incredible isn't it? He:s looking for short-term profit discounting long-term pain
Anyway, think we're straying off topic. 🙃