• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taylor turns down approach from other club

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could have been Southend ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it just me or is this just bonkers? For all he's done right so far nothing tangible has been achieved yet. Why would another club be interested? Football is crazy.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
MK Dongs bored with Tisdale already or Lowe realising the $hithole down in cornwall really is that bad.
Tisdsle never stopped reminding us that he turned down offers.
I think Matt s from a different cloth. Anyway, an approach is not an offer, but I reckon Matt knows he needs to learn his trade first, and where better than his "home" club.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tisdsle never stopped reminding us that he turned down offers.
Did he?

Rosencrantz

The obvious guess would be Lincoln, it's not to say they would have offered him the job, they may want to speak to several managers before appointing anyone.
They seem to be casting their net around. Mike Flynn has also been linked and Ainsworth is supposed to be in talks having already turned them down once.
Could have been Southend ?
Might be more likely. Bondy was a strange appointment although he did the job to send the gargs down 😎

IndoMike

Yes. Did you?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Did you?
Not sure what you're getting at, but I wouldn't mind seeing some evidence of these constant reminders from Tis that he turned down offers.

IndoMike

Not sure what you're getting at, but I wouldn't mind seeing some evidence of these constant reminders from Tis that he turned down offers.
Here we go again. ... Jesus. In various articles and interviews it was mentioned, ending with saying that his career has been put on hold. Now if you expect me to find articles from 2 years ago + you have no chance.

Rosencrantz

It was more in media articles about Tis in the narrative rather than direct quotes from him.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It was more in media articles about Tis in the narrative rather than direct quotes from him.
Which is what I was getting at really. It wasn't him doing the reminding, rather those writing about him. At least that is how I recall it.