• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Scored again for Fulham U18s earlier today. 3 goals so far.

exeter-loyal

Scored again for Fulham U18s earlier today. 3 goals so far.
If he carrys on he'll be in the first team before you know it!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he carrys on he'll be in the first team before you know it!
Let's hope so. However it is probably worth noting that he will need to break into the U23 side before playing for the first team. Fingers crossed he makes it, as this not only benefits City financially, but also reflects well on our club as a developer of decent young talent.

Reactions: DB9

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's hope so. However it is probably worth noting that he will need to break into the U23 side before playing for the first team. Fingers crossed he makes it, as this not only benefits City financially, but also reflects well on our club as a developer of decent young talent.
Steady on everyone, Jay was only an under-16 last year and he's doing incredibly well to already be scoring for the under-18's. He's got plenty of time to hopefully progress through the under 23's to the first team.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Steady on everyone, Jay was only an under-16 last year and he's doing incredibly well to already be scoring for the under-18's. He's got plenty of time to hopefully progress through the under 23's to the first team.
TBF SEA, Martin is saying "If" so no one's presuming, Just hoping he'll develope in his own time which is a good reflection on our academy

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
More goals for Jay

Spoonz Red E

More goals for Jay

From Hant's link -
"Stansfield becomes the Premier League Under-18s’ top scorer with his brace this evening".

budegrecian

I accept i'm probably in a very small minority but i'm struggling to get much joy from all these posts highlighting what the club has lost, in exchange for a bag of beans, after nuturing the boy's talent for several years.

IndoMike

I accept i'm probably in a very small minority but i'm struggling to get much joy from all these posts highlighting what the club has lost, in exchange for a bag of beans, after nuturing the boy's talent for several years.
At least there are add-ons and sell-on (10%?).
Taggy said the fee was over the odds (100k?) but complained about the general academy-player nickers.
I think people are happy for Jay but ****** off with the system

Last edited: