• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The florets joke at the Edinburgh festival.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
But there are many more politicians who are even more incompetent and full of ***** who are not targeted. Are you telling me that Grayling would have managed to get away with it if he had been born black?
Grayling has deservedly taken a lot of stick, including on here.

Yes he is useless too.

IndoMike

Grayling has deservedly taken a lot of stick, including on here.

Yes he is useless too.
But not such personal attacks as Abbott has had to deal with.

Alistair20000

But not such personal attacks as Abbott has had to deal with.
The constant reference to him as Failing Grayling seems to me as much a personal attack on him as calling Ms Abbott useless.

IndoMike

The constant reference to him as Failing Grayling seems to me as much a personal attack on him as calling Ms Abbott useless.
Grayling has cost the UK hundreds of millions of pounds and has indeed failed miserably. The criticism is based on his negligence and incompetence, not based on any other factors.
You might not like Abbot's politics, but she is criticised based on who she is, not on her incompetence.

Alistair20000

Grayling has cost the UK hundreds of millions of pounds and has indeed failed miserably. The criticism is based on his negligence and incompetence, not based on any other factors.
You might not like Abbot's politics, but she is criticised based on who she is, not on her incompetence.
She is utterly incompetent and that is why I criticise her. Her political views don’t come into it.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
So are we or are not allowed to make jokes about her? If you can make Donald Trump jokes can't you poke fun at Boris or Abbott or Corbin ? If it's not homophobic or rascist or whatever then it's poking fun at public figures isn't it ? This is not about criticism or abuse it's about jokes.

hienzeECFC

he makes a good point...

IndoMike

So are we or are not allowed to make jokes about her? If you can make Donald Trump jokes can't you poke fun at Boris or Abbott or Corbin ? If it's not homophobic or rascist or whatever then it's poking fun at public figures isn't it ? This is not about criticism or abuse it's about jokes.
Ali and I weren't talking about jokes.