• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking like a washout at Taunton this evening, if the forecast is right.

Just been looking at a webcam in Bishops Lydeard which faces towards Taunton, very wet and miserable, and not promising at all ! With under 90 minutes to start time, I doubt that the outfield will be playable even if it stops raining.

With this upcoming double header against Gloucs being a bit crucial to Somerset's qualification hopes, it will be disappointing for the first leg to be washed out.

Colesman Ballz

Somerset match now officially abandoned and fixtures elsewhere "going down like flies" !

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Azhar Ali to leave Somerset early. They will seek a replacement.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
omerset match now officially abandoned and fixtures elsewhere "going down like flies" !
Looking at the rain radar it's chucking it down everywhere except Colwyn Bay or Berwick-on-Tweed

Rosencrantz

Azhar Ali to leave Somerset early. They will seek a replacement.
I guess the reason for his leaving will rule out Babar Azam as a replacement too.

Alistair20000

Just been looking at a webcam in Bishops Lydeard which faces towards Taunton, very wet and miserable, and not promising at all ! With under 90 minutes to start time, I doubt that the outfield will be playable even if it stops raining.

With this upcoming double header against Gloucs being a bit crucial to Somerset's qualification hopes, it will be disappointing for the first leg to be washed out.

If every remaining South group game is washed out Somerset will grab 4th place and a Q/F. o_O

Colesman Ballz

If every remaining South group game is washed out Somerset will grab 4th place and a Q/F. o_O
True, but cricket history is littered with triumphs by the likes of Essex and Kent through better weather, and even tonight their two home matches are the only ones not yet abandoned, albeit both have delayed starts !

Alistair20000

True, but cricket history is littered with triumphs by the likes of Essex and Kent through better weather, and even tonight their two home matches are the only ones not yet abandoned, albeit both have delayed starts !
Hard to believe the Chelmsford* crap hole has missed this bleddy dreadful weather. Now Canterbury is a different matter. Love Canterbury me.

* I see it (Chelmsford match) has now been washed away. Good job too. The place wants bombing.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Match abandoned at Chelmsford.

Alistair20000

Match abandoned at Chelmsford.

Keeps Essex from getting closer to Somerset especially as the visitors were the woeful Welsh, a complete basket case in the T20 this year.