• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Bittners a Legend

Alliances and cooperation between nation states do not require membership of a supranational body like the EU to flourish. If it did, then the majority of the worlds countries would be screwed as a result.
I couldn't disagree more. Membership of supranational bodies is exactly what most countries have moved towards.

Additionally, I'm not sure that alliance and cooperation has exactly been strengthened by the unpleasant and dishonest debate that has taken place in this country in the past three or four years with regards to the EU and its membership.

I never know whether to laugh or cry at the "love Europe, hate the EU" slogan that people attribute to themselves as if you can stand behind the vicious rhetoric that has defined much of the Leave campaign and still expect Europeans to be unaffected by it, or ignore it.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Well, that's a coincidence. I never know whether to laugh or cry at the vicious rhetoric that has defined much of the Remain campaign. 🤷‍♀️

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The port president can say one thing but ultimately he can be easily overruled by Macron. It has no credence.
So where are you coming from here Jinxy ?

No port disruption ?

Total chaos at Dover/Calais ?

Macron guillotines M. Puissesseau ?

Macron and other garlicky bastards deliberately cause confusion and problems ?

Mr Jinx

So where are you coming from here Jinxy ?
I have a sneaky suspicion that Macron in conjunction EU will ensure that all does not go swimmingly Dover way come Nov 1st. Monsieur
Puissesseau will merely be a pawn in all that transpires.

Bittners a Legend

Well, that's a coincidence. I never know whether to laugh or cry at the vicious rhetoric that has defined much of the Remain campaign. 🤷‍♀️
Doesn't matter whether you laugh or cry at it because you're missing my point. That point was not that I ascribe to a Remainers good, Leavers bad narrative but that one cannot ignore the affect of said vicious rhetoric on a people/place you claim to love. The idea that Brexit hasn't had a profound, negative impact on our relations with Europe, and how Europe view us is laughable. It is because of that I find the "love Europe, hate the EU" so absurd. Had the campaign not been so littered/stained with hate perhaps it would have been different, or perhaps it would not.

arthur

the vicious rhetoric that has defined much of the Remain campaign. 🤷‍♀️
Examples please (and not just a selection of obscure keyboard warriors that no one s heard of (as Jason did))

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Yes, but that was before he got dementia.
Evidence please or this is just another made up accusation (bull$hit in other words)
Unless of course you are actually his doctor and I'll take your word for it ...

geoffwp

I think it's precisely the "realisation" of this that caused the Leave vote in the first place.
If that is the case Jason, that for me just points up how small island minded the British can be.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Evidence please or this is just another made up accusation (bull$hit in other words)
Unless of course you are actually his doctor and I'll take your word for it ...
The Bigot is now interested in facts. Praise the Lord.

tavyred

If that is the case Jason, that for me just points up how small island minded the British can be.
Speak for yourself.