• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully by Wednesday next week we'll have some ideas about getting Smith out cheaply.
Forget sandpaper - use an angle grinder instead?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leach is in for Moeen.

Something needed to be changed, not sure if its the answer, but better than doing the same as last time.

IndoMike

It's time Denly justified his place and very nice contract. If he fails again he should be replaced.
Bairstow needs to be getting 70- 80 runs per match bare minimum.
Roy needs to get the hang of things pretty quick.
Moeen had to go : his form has been awful and his confidence seems shot. Make him fight for his place.

Ex-ciderrr

pleased to see leach back in the squad, hopefully he can take his chance, agree with moeen though, despite being a fan of his, form has not been up to scratch of late.

IndoMike

England bowler James Anderson said "there's nothing else we could have done" after he lasted only four overs of the first Test against Australia.

There was something you could have done, James A. You could have declared yourself unfit and put the team before your own selfish desire to play. You were a great bowler but have sunk like a stone in this poster's estimation. Leaving our team with ten-men was a disgrace.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
England bowler James Anderson said "there's nothing else we could have done" after he lasted only four overs of the first Test against Australia.

There was something you could have done, James A. You could have declared yourself unfit and put the team before your own selfish desire to play. You were a great bowler but have sunk like a stone in this poster's estimation. Leaving our team with ten-men was a disgrace.
The injury he picked up was not exactly the same as that he'd recovered from - he felt fit, he passed the fitness test, he's not clairvoyant.

IndoMike

The injury he picked up was not exactly the same as that he'd recovered from - he felt fit, he passed the fitness test, he's not clairvoyant.
What fitness test? A bit of time in the nets?
BS.
He was rested against Ireland because he was not fit. He should have tested his recovery in a County game before he rejoined the test team for a vital Ashes test match. The team was robbed and the paying fans were robbed. Don't defend the indefensible.

Alistair20000

He and England took a chance. It did not pay off. Time to move on to Lord's chaps.

IndoMike

He and England took a chance. It did not pay off. Time to move on to Lord's chaps.
I'll move on, but I ain't happy.

Alistair20000

I'll move on, but I ain't happy.

Yes Indo. I think we have taken that on board.

:)