• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Massive win for us - when we were 6 down for not many I put "Is there a Division 3?" on the Middlesex CCC FB page.

Must have spurred them on.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
India 5/3 with their main men Rohit and Kohli gone.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
India 5/3 with their main men Rohit and Kohli gone.
24-4. They say Needham's catch was the catch of the century. Hyperbole?

Stelios

Yes. It was a superb catch but probably not even catch of the tournament. You can watch wickets/highlights on the BBC Cricket live page. (Well you can if you're in the UK - not sure if it works overseas)

IndoMike

Yes. It was a superb catch but probably not even catch of the tournament. You can watch wickets/highlights on the BBC Cricket live page. (Well you can if you're in the UK - not sure if it works overseas)
No, Stellos : "not available in your area". Bloody annoying, but usually a bit later you can get stuff on U tube.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Who said that? It was a decent catch but not in the top echelon as it wasn't exactly flying off the open face of his bat.

Modesty alert - I took a better one last year, albeit in a *slightly* lower profile match!

IndoMike

Who said that? It was a decent catch but not in the top echelon as it wasn't exactly flying off the open face of his bat.

Modesty alert - I took a better one last year, albeit in a *slightly* lower profile match!
The BBC on line text commentary said it. You can check.
Yes, Jason. I'm sure you did (...smooths Jason's ego in the hope of avoiding future infraction points)

IndoMike

91-6 India
"Mitchell Santner has bowled 27 dots in 33 balls in this spell, including two wickets."

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The BBC on line text commentary said it. You can check.
Yes, Jason. I'm sure you did (...smooths Jason's ego in the hope of avoiding future infraction points)
Ah yes, I've scrolled back. Definitely hyperbole. There have been a few better catches in this World Cup alone.

My catch was similar in terms of the dive, but it was at short-ish mid-off and the ball was flat-batted right out of the middle of the bat. It was one where I lay on the ground, ball in hand, wondering what the eff had happened before realising I had all my team mates piling on top of me.

IndoMike

Ah yes, I've scrolled back. Definitely hyperbole. There have been a few better catches in this World Cup alone.

My catch was similar in terms of the dive, but it was at short-ish mid-off and the ball was flat-batted right out of the middle of the bat. It was one where I lay on the ground, ball in hand, wondering what the eff had happened before realising I had all my team mates piling on top of me.
(Suddenly I can't log in on my laptop again. Requests cookies).
Yes, it's funny that we can catch the ball sometimes even without eye to ball contact at the moment the ball sticks.
India chasing just over a hundred with batsmen 7 & 8 in. Ball apparently staying low on a dead pitch. Exciting.