• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Talking to the woman over the phone about a very small spelling mistake on my invoices to be corrected only to be told it would cost £87 + vat.
As it took me 2 1/2 years to notice it I decided to leave it alone and keep my money.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The A30 towards Honiton. Twenty years since they opened it, and it's never been properly surfaced in all that time.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The A30 towards Honiton. Twenty years since they opened it, and it's never been properly surfaced in all that time.
Done on the cheap, wasn't it. Used concrete wherever they could get away with it, cheaper but far noisier and more hardwearing on your tyres. Only used tarmac in "noise sensitive" areas, but of course their definitions were widely different to yours, mine and the population at large. Fecking Barstewards ! :mad:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Try driving on the M25 between the M3 and the A3. No wonder everyone in Surrey drives a 4x4.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try driving on the M25 between the M3 and the A3. No wonder everyone in Surrey drives a 4x4.
I have, as a matter of fact! I used to work in that area in the 90s.

LOG

Just seen a pic of my cousin's son on Facebook and he's wearing an Argyle shirt. Always knew he was a wrong 'un.

Spoonz Red E

Just seen a pic of my cousin's son on Facebook and he's wearing an Argyle shirt. Always knew he was a wrong 'un.
Can't blame him for honouring his Bury roots.

Swanaldo

Was he born West of Okehampton?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Getting cut up at Sandy Gate roundabout (heading into Exeter) by drivers who are trying to work out which is the correct lane to be in. My brother-in-law, who is a better driver than me, won't go near the place.
I have to agree. Its like my car creates cloaked Technology when I drive near Ikea and I think I know why..

Basically most people are still coming to Ikea for the first time and see a sign saying "superstore" and an arrow pointing to the right hand lane so assume its for Ikea and not Tesco .. soon as they pass the Kingdom of Rowe and Mr Lloyds gym they see Ikea and like a shot, move across three lanes not to miss the slip road for Ikea..

So until they changed the sign to show Ikea left lane and Tesco far right lane, then the risk of getting hit by a vauxhall Meriva or Citroen Picasso will be high

(Ikea still has cheapest hot dog in town mind)

LOG

Was he born West of Okehampton?
To be fair, he was born west of Devon, not just Okehampton, and has never lived outside of Kernow. That's not enough of an excuse though and his mother needs to take a long, hard look at herself as a proud Exeter maid.

Status
Not open for further replies.