• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 kits

Dannyred

I was talking to a friend of mine who was corresponding with the shop regarding an out of stock order and they during that conversation they said "our records show by the end of our financial year we will see a new record turnover for the club shop and all concerned are very happy with that result". Something is obviously being done right, and didn't the club shop's Twitter say that this home shirt has been the highest selling home shirt ever? https://twitter.com/ECFCshop/status/1095981647130955777

Also, I've spoken to the people in the shop and they said they go with the likes of Joma because Adidas and big name brands of the like don't offer bespoke kits. It's a case of picking a kit from the catalog and putting City's badge on it with bigger brands. I'm sure there are other business related reasons we aren't privvy to, but this is what myself and others have been told from the people in the shop when we've asked.

Have you ever just thought about asking them? Mike in the reception is always more than helpful and insightful.

So when are the new kits going to be released ?

Are we capable of dealing with the big brands,The big brands are what kids want to wear not the barely unknown Joma .

We need a new direction and a way of bringing out a new kit before the season ends.

You have to question the money we are losing

SGF

Are we capable of dealing with the big brands,The big brands are what kids want to wear not the barely unknown Joma .

We need a new direction and a way of bringing out a new kit before the season ends.

Again, the "big brands" don't deal directly with clubs like ours. Companies that have purchased the license to manufacture "big brand" kits deal with small clubs.

As for bringing out the new kit before the end of the season, I could not agree more. Especially when we bring out more than one kit in the same off season!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dannyred for CEO

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
The big brands are what kids want to wear not the barely unknown Joma .
I mean Joma make kits for Villereal, Swansea, Deportivo, Getafe, Atalanta and Sampdoria amongst others. But yeah, they are obviously a "barely unknown" (sic) company.... Tiny. (facepalm)

We had shirts made by a company called Sho a few years ago. As far as I can remember Sho literally were a 1 man operation making shirts only for ECFC in a warehouse in wales or something.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I like the Croatian style shirt, not sure how popular it would be though https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirts-polo-shirts

SDRighton

I mean Joma make kits for Villereal, Swansea, Deportivo, Getafe, Atalanta and Sampdoria amongst others. But yeah, they are obviously a "barely unknown" (sic) company.... Tiny. (facepalm)

We had shirts made by a company called Sho a few years ago. As far as I can remember Sho literally were a 1 man operation making shirts only for ECFC in a warehouse in wales or something.
Yes, a 1 man operation who was good friends with John Cornforth, according to reports.

I yearn for the days of Matchwinner and Beaver.

Dannyred

I like the Croatian style shirt, not sure how popular it would be though https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirts-polo-shirts
I liked the grada white-red but would much prefer a Nike or Adidas kit

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I liked the grada white-red but would much prefer a Nike or Adidas kit
And the club would probably make less money from selling them

Dannyred

And the club would probably make less money from selling them
How do you work that out ?

Boyo

Big brands don't want to deal with us. 500 shirts for Exeter City, or 2 million for Liverpool? If we went down the recognised brand route via an intermediary, then the compromise is that we would have to have an off-the-shelf kit, the same as the local pub. It would be interesting to see people's views on that. I suspect we would also make less money which is probably what is driving the decision making.

My 6 year old wants the Exeter City badge on the shirt. He doesn't give two hoots who the manufacturer is.

How many more shirts do you think we would sell if it was launched in say May compared to August? As long as we hit the start of the season, it probably makes no difference.

Last edited: