• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not done Wrexham, so that would be good. And Leyton Orient is always a good Saturday out.
Not many will have as we've only played there once in the last 25 years - a grim 4-0 defeat on a Tuesday night early on in the season we were relegated from the league and shortly before John Cornforth was sacked. By contrast Leyton Orient must have been one of the teams we've played most often over the last 25 years.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Wrexham's terrace behind the goal is bigger than the Big Bank. It certainly looks it. I'm not sure it's still in use though.
Back in the 80s and 90s....we used to be given that big stand behind the goal which at the time was very modern and something of a treat.

Antony Moxey

Not many will have as we've only played there once in the last 25 years - a grim 4-0 defeat on a Tuesday night early on in the season we were relegated from the league and shortly before John Cornforth was sacked.
I saw us draw there 1-1 in 1994. As it was March of that year I reckon that just about comes within 25 years.

fred binneys head

Not many will have as we've only played there once in the last 25 years - a grim 4-0 defeat on a Tuesday night early on in the season we were relegated from the league and shortly before John Cornforth was sacked. By contrast Leyton Orient must have been one of the teams we've played most often over the last 25 years.
I was there that night, there weren’t many of us.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Could Blackpool be coming down from L1? They've been put in to receivership by a judge having approved Valeri Belokon's application to have a receiver appointed. 12 point deduction potentially on the way.

budegrecian

Could Blackpool be coming down from L1? They've been put in to receivership by a judge having approved Valeri Belokon's application to have a receiver appointed. 12 point deduction potentially on the way.
They're doing pretty well at the moment, in eighth place, despite the ongoing issues with the owners. A 12 point deduction would still leave them clear of the relegation places.
If going into receivership was to spell the end of the Oysten's reign, in charge of the club, their fans would no doubt be delighted, relegation or not.

denzel

Great so they were more than likely living beyond their means when they beat us at Wembley. Who said cheats never prosper?

Oldsmobile-88

Great so they were more than likely living beyond their means when they beat us at Wembley. Who said cheats never prosper?
More of a dispute with another dubious character over ownership of the club it would seem,can’t seem to post a link from the BBC football site for some reason.

pct333

More of a dispute with another dubious character over ownership of the club it would seem,can’t seem to post a link from the BBC football site for some reason.
Here you go Oldsmobile-88 :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47229992

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Notts county have some cracking results in Feb and I think there going to get out of it down the bottom - wins against FGR & Mansfield and a draw against Lincoln in the last 3....

Yeovil dropping like a stone are in real danger and I think they will go down.

At the top it’s so close - I think Lincoln and Mansfield are nailed on for top 3 and still think MK will sneak 3rd come the end

Stevenage are ones to watch for a late playoff charge

Status
Not open for further replies.