• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any reports on Sweeney at CB?

Red Devon

Came across as having a good game on the radio.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looked surprisingly good on iFollow; didn't really put a foot wrong all afternoon and was a contender for City's man of the match.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just watched the highlights. That was some set up play by Archie Collins but how the hell did Forte miss. He could have mi**** his shot from there and it still would have gone in yet somehow he manages to hit the keeper. As for both goals, I think I'm going to go a bit Pete on both of them. Both shots were struck well enough but both keepers got enough of their hands to each shot enough to see the deflection off of them which would suggest they should have done better. The deflection from Pym seemed to send the ball down more than away.
Except of course Jonothan Forte didn't actually miss. He got the ball on target and forced the keeper to save it; if the keeper had stayed low anticipating a shot along the ground we would all be praising him for the quality finish. And all the focus on Jonathan Forte seems a little unfair. He played a full part in our outstanding first half and others were also to blame for us not scoring a second; the highlights, for example, didn't show the unusually overhit pass from Nicky Law when we had on a rwo on one break.

IndoMike

Came across as having a good game on the radio.
Thanks. That's good. Another option.

IndoMike

Looked surprisingly good on iFollow; didn't really put a foot wrong all afternoon and was a contender for City's man of the match.
Considering he's not blessed with great speed maybe his future lies there?

andrew p long

Good to hear. Made me smile to see the MDT angst about KMT picking Sweeney, a right back, at centre back. Reminded of those days when a previous manager got Exeweb stick for picking Sweeney, a centre back, at right back!

Saint James

Considering he's not blessed with great speed maybe his future lies there?
I believe from memory when he joined us from Reading most of his games were at centre half?

grecIAN Harris

He hit the keeper with his shot when it was harder not to score. That is a miss. It's not like he drew a great save out if the keeper.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a terrible miss but he had a good game otherwise. Stockley's a better finisher (obviously) but Forte is a much better footballer technically than Stockley, and we're playing to his game, so the manager is getting this one spot on.