• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Problems at Northampton Town

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Northampton Borough Council has won its case in the High Court against Anthony Cardoza and others
No surprise there, really. Good for them.

Colesman Ballz

No surprise there, really. Good for them.
I echo that. but will they be able to retrieve any of the cash or even what they spent chasing it ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I echo that. but will they be able to retrieve any of the cash or even what they spent chasing it ?
I assume they'd be awarded costs in addition to the £2.1 million, but you're right, how much they'll actually get is key.

Colesman Ballz

This is only the Council civil action against them. They can still potentially face criminal charges, which I hope happens as anything that put offs the likes of the Cardozas, Russell, Lewis etc from getting control of football clubs can only be good for the health of the game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

Has he been given a prison sentence?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
We all know all that will happen is anything he wants to put money into will be done via a different family member.

Colesman Ballz

Has he been given a prison sentence?
From the link it appears not, but criminal investigations are ongoing, and if tried and convicted, presumably a proceeds of crime order could be made, although by now all his assets may have been transferred ! :mad:

Oldsmobile-88

A fool(Northampton Council) & their money will always be parted...People Committing large scale financial fraud rarely get sent to prison..Benefits fraud,well that’s different.