• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's the first time I've seen him and on that performance if you gave me a choice of him, Woodman or Moxey at left back, I'd pick him every time. He, just as Storey when he came into the side last season, looked cool and composed like he'd been playing for the last couple of seasons. Ally that to a youthful vigour, which was noticeable right throughout the side yesterday and helped maintain a decent start to the game yesterday instead of it dropping off after 20 minutes as it usually does, I can't see any reason to leave him out at Swindon on Monday.

IndoMike

It's the first time I've seen him and on that performance if you gave me a choice of him, Woodman or Moxey at left back, I'd pick him every time. He, just as Storey when he came into the side last season, looked cool and composed like he'd been playing for the last couple of seasons. Ally that to a youthful vigour, which was noticeable right throughout the side yesterday and helped maintain a decent start to the game yesterday instead of it dropping off after 20 minutes as it usually does, I can't see any reason to leave him out at Swindon on Monday.
The reason would be "seniority", but hopefully he'll play again.

grecIAN Harris

The reason would be "seniority", but hopefully he'll play again.
That isn't a reason, that's a managerial cop out.

IndoMike

That isn't a reason, that's a managerial cop out.
That's why I put it in inverted commas..I fully agree with the adage that if they're good enough they're old enough. But, managers tend to bring the youngsters on little by little so we'll have to wait and see.

crocks

Saw him for the first time in the PSF at Bath and thought then he was a very good player who could come straight into the first team. Was a bit surprised when he was sent out on loan early doors....

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex had a good game and put in some decent crosses into the box. Whilst the first Grimsby goal did come about as a result of him being out of position due to a missed header, he still played well considering his age. Another decent prospect for the future!

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stunning debut in the attacking sense. He certainly would offer a threat going forward that the other options can't, but he's a long way from showing he'd be a better choice defensively than Moxey for me.

Grecian2K

Sadly, due to the fact that it closed at the start of the year I fear those travelling to Swindon will have been denied the chance to see a Hartridge in The Pear Tree this festive season. :(

(I trust that Stuffers, at least, might appreciate the "subtlety" of this reference :$ )

Exehausted

From Matt's interview I will be surprised if he plays at Swindon which I think will be a great shame. Teams have definitely seen our left side as our weak side this season and they have attacked us relentlessly down this wing. Grimsby tried it yesterday and Alex took the ball off their winger four times in a row. His clipped passes down the line found one of our players more often than not, particularly Tristan Abrahams.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think we're in danger of drifting somewhere towards hyperbole with regards his performance - he did some things well and looked calm and composed on the ball, but I don't think he won a header all game.

A useful debut and I'm sure we will see a lot of him in the years to come, but I don't think he is close (yet) to dislodging Woodman or Moxey from the LB position.