• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess what I'm saying is that while i support the manager and accept he is on a learning curve, trust is something I withhold until I am satisfied that learning really is happening and that we really do have the best man for the job. That currently is an unknown. I shall wait and see.
Yet who backed Tisdale week in week out, a manager who in my opinion rarely learnt from his continual mistakes.

Ashford Grecian

What is the horrible sinking feeling about the club ?
Well it could have something to do with us not scoring goals, hardly creating any chances, not defending well and struggling to win a league match... Fortunately we have amassed 31 points so the situation is not yet critical......

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale had already proven his capabilities with back to back promotions. I was happy after that to trust him as manager even in harsh times. That, in my opinion, was born out by the more recent finishes in a play off place. However, I didn't mention Tisdale nor am I making any comparison. Im merely saying I'm not a person who trusts in someone's ability to do something until they have shown they do have the capability. Perhaps Matt Taylor does and will demonstrate it. Like any city fan I really hope he does. We will see won't we.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well it could have something to do with us not scoring goals, hardly creating any chances, not defending well and struggling to win a league match... Fortunately we have amassed 31 points so the situation is not yet critical......
On the pitch things have been poor of late, that goes without saying.

To say there is a horrible sinking feeling about the club is a different kettle of fish though, it's a comment that goes beyond the pitch imho.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale had already proven his capabilities with back to back promotions. I was happy after that to trust him as manager even in harsh times. That, in my opinion, was born out by the more recent finishes in a play off place. However, I didn't mention Tisdale nor am I making any comparison. Im merely saying I'm not a person who trusts in someone's ability to do something until they have shown they do have the capability. Perhaps Matt Taylor does and will demonstrate it. Like any city fan I really hope he does. We will see won't we.
No mention of the relegation.

One football league promotion, one football league relegation.

dontpassback

Horrible sinking feeling ? Try the Gerry Francis era:(:(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stockley shocker

[video=youtube;OKZIbcjrdrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZIbcjrdrA[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZIbcjrdrA

Red Bill

Yeah thank goodness the football league just gave us those 31 points without any of the team that Matt Taylor put together in limited time having to earn them for us!

I'll judge Matt Taylor exactly as I judged Tisdale, from the perspective of a fan that cares only about ECFC and not any player, manager, coach or anyone else, whereas you seem to have stuck your tongue so far up Tisdale's backside that you can't get it back out so all your judgement seems obscured by Tisdale's shirt tail!

For the last few seasons you have been lambasting fans for daring to judge a manager after 10 or 12 years yet your happy to start fear mongering over Matt Taylor after six months.

Last edited:

Red Monster

No mention of the relegation.

One football league promotion, one football league relegation.
Fact Missy he got us back in the League.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah thank goodness the football league just gave us those 31 points without any of the team that Matt Taylor put together in limited time having to earn them for us!

I'll judge Matt Taylor exactly as I judged Tisdale, from the perspective of a fan that cares only about ECFC and not any player, manager, coach or anyone else, whereas you seem to have stuck your tongue so far up Tisdale's backside that you can't get it back out so all your judgement seems obscured by Tisdale's shirt tail!

For the last few seasons you have been lambasting fans for daring to judge a manager after 10 or 12 years yet your happy to start fear mongering over Matt Taylor after six months.
Exactly, nail smashed to pieces.

The likes of Ashford and Flakey are itching for Taylor to fail, it's been obvious from day one, anyone who thinks otherwise is very naïve.

Last edited: